Monday, January 23, 2012

Favorite Player: Yordy Cabrera

In 1996 I went to my first minor league game, watching the Lakeland Tigers playing the Tampa Yankees. I went to a few more games that year, and over the next 15 summers (save 3 when I lived in Montgomery, AL), Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland, FL would be my home away from home. I probably went to close to 200 games during that time. In 1996 and the next 5 or so years, one of the Tigers coaches was Basilio Cabrera, a former minor leaguer in the Tigers system, who played at Lakeland back in the day. I'm sure I probably saw Yordy Cabrera, his son, at the ballpark at some point while I was watching games.
In 2011, I pulled a Yordy Cabrera Bowman Chrome and Topps Heritage Minors card out of packs. It was neat to get some cards of Basilio's kid, and I added a 2011 Bowman Chrome Refractor autographed card this past year. I will probably try to add a card of two of his dad if I can find one online.

YORDY CABRERA CARDS I HAVE:
2011 Bowman Chrome
2011 Bowman Chrome Refractor certified autograph
2011 Topps Heritage Minors

No comments:

Post a Comment