Monday, January 23, 2012

Favorite Player: Buddy Carlyle

I didn't know until a few years ago, but former MLB pitcher Buddy Carlyle is a Type 1 Diabetic. I was diagnosed with the disease in the 3rd grade, and am controlling it now with an insulin pump and a continuous glucose monitoring system. I actually got a newer pump in the mail today and have spent the last 2 hours getting everything set up.
Back to Buddy, I had the 2 Bowman and Upper Deck cards for a while, and recently added the certified autograph card and the Pride and Perserverance card from '15 Topps Update.
Buddy is the pitching coach in the minors, and I sent that card and his 2 Bowmans, and he returned them signed in a few weeks.

BUDDY CARLYLE CARDS I HAVE:
1998 Bowman (ttm auto)
1998 Bowman International (ttm auto)
1999 Team Best certified autograph
2008 Upper Deck
2008 Upper Deck First Pitch
2009 Upper Deck
2015 Topps Pride and Perserverance (ttm auto)

No comments:

Post a Comment