Friday, June 1, 2018

1987 Topps: What I have so far

Here is a set that is familiar and special to many collectors, the 1987 Topps set. There are a few cards that have been done for this set, but not as many as I would've guessed, but I think there will be more, now that the checklist is finished. All cards are done by myself, unless noted.


 Greg Legg by The Phillies Room
 Mike Jackson by The Phillies Room
 Ribbie by Lynn
 George Foster by A Load of BS
 Tony LaRussa by Richard
 Dan Rohn by Lynn
 Tony Perez by Jigokusabre
 Willie Stargell by Richard
 Jim Frey by Richard
 Don Zimmer by Richard
 Yogi Berra by Richard
 Manny Mota by Richard
 Bud Harrelson by Richard
 U.L. Washington by Lynn
 Gene Lamont by Richard
 Red Schoendienst by Richard
 Mark Parent by Lynn
 Cal Ripken, Sr. by Richard
 Wes Gardner by Paul
 Tim Tolman by Lynn
 Mark Davidson by KOD
 Roy Smith by KOD
 Tony Oliva by Richard
 Bryan Little by Lynn
 Lenn Sakata by Rating the Rookies
 Dave Duncan by Richard
 Cito Gaston by Richard
 Fred Bird by Lynn
 Dick Howser All-Star by Richard
 Whitey Herzog All-Star by Richard
 John McNamara All-Star by Richard
 Davey Johnson by All-Star by Richard
 Tommy Lasorda All-Star by Richard
 Jesse Orosco NLCS Highlights by Richard

 Harry Caray Announcer by Lynn

Phillie Phanatic by Richard


I hadn't planned on making them when I stared the whole 1983-2001 Topps project, but I have decided to make pages for every Topps set from 1951 through the present. While the checklists of missing players will probably never be completed, I wanted to at least get a page up for every set, perhaps work a little on a few checklists, but also to put examples of each card up with each font listed. Currently, I have the 1951 and 1952 Topps pages done. If you know of any way to get the pages to go into a drop-down menu, please let me know, as I'm afraid that the right sidebar of my blog will go down forever with 60+ Topps set pages on it. Also, if you see any cards on any of the new set pages that are done, please alert me to where they are so I can check them off and add them to my files so these sets can get closer to being completed. I am still going to focus on the 1998 Topps set, then the '90's Topps sets, and finally the 1984-2001 Topps sets, so while I will have pages for the 1951-1982 Topps sets, I don't anticipate having any extra time to search for customs that have been done for them, make checklists for them, let alone making templates. I want to use this blog as a hub for custom makers to use to find missing cards that have been done, complete checklists, and lastly, templates and the correct fonts for each Topps set, but none of these things would've been or will be possible without the help of my readers, other custom makers, and guys I have met from the Facebook Custom Cards Page. Thanks in advance for all of the help with each page, and thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment