Tuesday, June 19, 2018

1995 Topps: What I have done so far

I had a nice birthday/Father's Day Week, and now it's kind of back to a normal week or two at work before all of the crazy of the week before July 4th hits. I got some nice cards this week, a blaster of '17 and '18 Donruss, 2 '18 Topps Series 2 hanger boxes (unfortunately, the Wal-Mart ones with 2 guaranteed Aaron Judge cards), and I got some nice cards, including about 2 dozen cards for my Favorite Player Collection, some cards for the shiny/parallel binder, an Ohtani '18 Leaf rookie (which came with the '18 Donruss box. I went to a Rays game 2 Sundays ago, and as I mentioned in a previous post, it was great. Finally, the last thing, and probably the thing I am most proud of that I accomplished in the last week, was that I finally finished updating/creating set pages, and I now have every missing Topps card of the Detroit Tigers and Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays from the 1951-2017 Topps sets listed with their set page. Keep in mind that I use a "yearbook" approach, and that in the 1988 set for example, I will list all of the Detroit Tigers who finished 1987 with the Tigers and didn't get a Tiger card in the '88 set, unlike other people, who put the 1988 Tigers team with the '88 Topps set. I mainly do this because that's how the Topps sets I grew up with ('88-'01 or so) patterned their sets. "Oh, but you didn't finish the 2018 set", you say. Well, I will add the missing Rays and Tigers from that set once the 2018 Topps Update set comes out, because there are usually 1 or 2 guys in the Update set who cross a name or two off of my list. 
With all of that being said, here is what you probably clicked on the link to see, the missing 1995 Topps cards that I've compiled so far. 






 Rick Sutcliffe by Richard
 Kent Hrbek by Richard
 Lonnie Smith by Richard


 Mike Hargrove Manager by Richard



 Jeff Reardon by Richard









 Steve Sax by Richard






 Teddy Higuera by Richard



 Tom Lasorda Manager by GCRL


 Davey Johnson Manager by Richard


 Don Baylor Manager by Richard

 Don Zimmer/Bill Plummer Coaches by Richard




 Phil Garner Manager by Richard
 Larry Bowa/Denis Menke Coaches by Richard
 Jim Leyland Manager by Richard
 Joe Torre Manager by Richard
 Dusty Baker Manager by Richard

 Chuck Hernandez/Rod Carew Coaches by Richard
 Gene Lamont Manager by Richard
 Sparky Anderson Manager by Richard
 Hal McRae Manager by Richard
 Tom Kelly Manager by Richard
 Buck Showalter Manager by Richard
 Rick Down/Willie Randolph Coaches by Richard
 Tony LaRussa Manager by Richard
 Lou Piniella Manager by Richard

 Cito Gaston Manager by Richard 
 Gene Tenace Coach by Richard


 Dave Stewart by Richard
 Dave Righetti by Richard
 Andre Dawson by Richard
 Frank Viola by Richard
 Eric Davis by Richard
 Jose Lima Future Star by Richard

 Dave Winfield by Richard
 Eddie Guardado by Richard
 Jesse Orosco by Richard
 Mike Matheny by Richard
 Billy Ripken by Richard
 Rick Helling Future Star by Richard
 Garrett Anderson Future Star by Richard
 Dwight Gooden by Richard
 Fernando Valenzuela by Richard
 Carl Everett by Richard
 Jerome Walton by Richard
 Tom Browning by Richard
 Rob Dibble by Richard
 Mitch Williams by Richard
 Kevin Young by Battlin' Bucs
 Lance Parrish by Richard
 Tony Womack by Richard
 Ryne Sandberg by Richard
 Dan Plesac by Richard












 Billy Bean by Richard
 Mark Davis by Richard
 Aaron Boone Draft Pick by Richard
 Javier Vazquez Draft Pick by Richard
 Wrigley Field by Richard

 Shea Stadium by Richard
 Fenway Park by Richard
 Comiskey Park by Richard
Yankee Stadium by Richard

1995 was a fun set for me growing up. I liked the design with the kind of scribbled shadowing, I liked the '90's-era font they used for the player names, and I liked the Spectra Light/Cyberstats parallels where they added stats featuring computer simulation of the rest of the 1994 season. It is a really underrated set in my opinion. I hope to get around to making some more 1995 Topps cards. I will start working on the 1998 Topps set again, now that I have the Tigers/Rays done. I'm also throwing around the idea of finishing some 1970's Topps checklists so I can add some of the '70's customs I've seen online. It seems like the '70's and late '60's are some of the most common customs I've seen posted in various different places. First, will be the 1952 Topps checklist, though. 
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment