Saturday, June 2, 2018

What I have so far: 1988 Topps

Here is what I have so far for the 1988 Topps set. Not too much, but it's a good start. I have given credit to ones not made by myself.
 Phil Niekro by Richard
 Willie Stargell by Richard
 Ron Cey by GCRL
 Steve Garvey by Punk Rock Paint
 Billy Williams by Richard
 Dave Collins by Botomms Cards
 Tony Perez by Richard
 Dale Berra by Richard
 Yogi Berra by Richard

 Marvin Freeman by The Phillies Room
 Darryl Strawberry Highlights by Richard

 Steve Carlton by Cary S.

 Reggie Jackson by Uncle Doc's Cards

This is a difficult set to do, but hopefully some more will be added to the set in the future.
On another note, I have decided to dabble a little in the 1952 Topps checklist. I have finished the first two teams (Boston Braves and Boston Red Sox), and added them to the 1952 Topps Page. If you are interested in doing any customs for the set, keep checking out that page, and I'll have the final checklist up pretty soon. The templates should be pretty simple, just a basic card border with the box inside it, and then just needing to change the team logos. I would also suggest using a website like BeFunky.com  to help with the effects on the photo to get them to look older. I believe I used a comic effect to get the older style Topps effects on some Turkey Red customs. I'm sure you could also do something similar on Photoshop. I'm not sure if the photos for players will be difficult to find, and you also need to find an autograph, so the 1952 Topps set may be very difficult to complete, but we'll see.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment