Friday, June 22, 2018

1997 Topps: What I have done so far

The 1997 set has been such a pain in the butt for me, that I have had it listed for a while as the last set of the '90's that I would attempt to complete. Recently, a reader reached out to me, and helped me figure out exactly what font to use (Franklin Gothic, extra condensed), and I think I have something figured out that will look exactly like the '97 Topps set does. It might take me a few more tries and practicing with GIMP, but check out the Chris Bosio card (one I used the correct font and tried my best to outline on) compared to some of the other ones I've done, and I think you'll agree that it's the best one so far. I still think it will be towards the end of the list of sets to complete, but it won't be nearly as difficult. 
Here are the 1997 Topps cards I've done so far. 




 Bill Russell Coach/Manager by GCRL
 Tom Lasorda Manager by GCRL
 Johnny Oates Manager by GCRL
 Dusty Baker Manager by GCRL
 Alex Rodriguez by Topps




 Andre Dawson by Richard



 Joe Torre Manager by Richard




 My best attempt at the font, yet.





 Larry Rothschild Coach by Richard
 Bob Brenly Coach by Richard




 Bobby Cox Manager by Richard
 Billy Williams Coach by Richard
 Ferguson Jenkins Coach by Richard
 Ken Griffey, Sr. Coach by Richard (who knew he coached for the Rockies?)

 Manny Mota Coach by Richard



 Felipe Alou Manager by Richard
 Bobby Valentine Manager by Richard
 From a '96 Spring Training photo I took
 Also from a '96 Spring Training photo I took
 Larry Bowa Coach by Richard
 Jim Leyland Manager by Richard
 Tony LaRussa Manager by Richard
 Dave Duncan Coach by Richard
 Bobby Bonds Coach by Richard
 Davey Johnson Manager by Richard
 Kevin Kennedy Manager by Richard
 Jim Rice Coach by Richard
 Al Nipper Coach by Richard
 Marcel Lachemann Manager by Richard
 John McNamara Manager by Richard
 Joe Maddon Coach/Manager by Richard
 Terry Bevington Manager by Richard
 Bill Buckner Coach by Richard (who knew he coached for the White Sox? What's with these stars coaching with teams I never remembered them coaching with?)
 Mike Hargrove Manager by Richard
 Terry Francona Coach by Richard
 Bob Boone Manager by Richard
 Tom Kelly Manager by Richard
 Kirby Puckett sunset card by Richard
 Chris Chambliss Coach by Richard
 Don Zimmer Coach by Richard
 Art Howe Manager by Richard
Ron Washington Coach by Richard 
 Lou Piniella Manager by Richard
 Bucky Dent Coach by Richard
 Cito Gaston Manager by Richard







 I sent this one to Juan, and got it back signed a few months ago.
 Mark McGwire Season Highlights by Richard






















 Felix Heredia by Marc
 Donn Pall by Marc
 Charles Johnson by Marc
 Gregg Zaun by Marc
 Russ Morman by Marc
 Carl Everett by Richard



 Bobby Ayala by Marc
 Rafael Carmona by Marc
 Edwin Hurtado by Marc
 Greg McCarthy by Marc
 John Marzano by Marc
 Rich Amaral by Marc

I'm hoping to get a few more cards done in the next week or so to finish the '98 Topps NL teams, and then get to work on the AL, but I'm not promising anything, since I have my off days (tomorrow and Tuesday) pretty much laid out for me with a trip to a science museum with family tomorrow and then probably mowing the lawn on Tuesday. I will try to maybe squeeze a post in of the next set (1999 Topps). Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment