Wednesday, June 6, 2018

1990 Topps: What I have so far

Here are the 1990 Topps cards I have organized so far. Credit is given to ones not made by myself.











 Nasty Boys by Jays Cards and Stuff


 Goose Gossage by Richard

 Chuck Knoblauch Draft Pick by Richard


















 Will Clark NLCS Highlights by Richard








 Dave Duncan Coach by Richard














 Sam Horn by Michael
 Bob Stanley by Richard
 Tom Bolton by Michael
 Paul Mirabella by Paul
 Bob Brower by Paul
 Luis Aguayo by Paul














 Jerry Don Gleaton by Paul
 Brad Wellman by Paul
 Thad Bosley by Paul
 Jim Sundberg by Paul
 Julio Solano by Paul
 Jerry Hairston, Sr. by Paul








 Don Heinkel by Paul
 Jim Dwyer by Michael
 Rey Quinones by Paul



 Floyd Youmans by Paul
 Ed Jurak by Michael
 Alan Ashby by Paul
 Ron Washington by Richard
 John Shelby by Paul









 Dave Collins by Paul
 Manny Trillo by Paul
 Bo Diaz In Memoriam by Richard
 Terry Blocker by Paul
 Charlie Puleo by Paul
 Tommy Lasorda All-Star by Richard
 Tony LaRussa All-Star by Richard
 Jack McKeon All-Star by Richard
 Buck Rodgers All-Star by Richard
 Joe Morgan All-Star by Richard
 Doug Rader All-Star by Richard
 Tony Perez Coach by Richard
 Phil Garner Coach by Richard
 Yogi Berra Coach by Richard




 Manny Mota Coach by Richard


 Ken Macha Coach by Richard





 Larry Bowa Coach by Richard
 John Vukovich Coach by Richard
 Gene Lamont Coach by Richard
 Red Schoendienst Coach by Richard
 Dusty Baker Coach by Richard


 Johnny Oates Coach by Richard
 Cal Ripken, Sr. Coach by Richard
 Rac Slider Coach by Michael
 Charlie Manuel Coach by Richard





 Tony Oliva Coach by Richard
 Gene Michael Coach by Richard
 Davey Lopes Coach by Richard


 Ken Griffey, Jr./Sr. Season Highlights by Richard
 Mark McGwire Season Highlights by Richard
 Cal Ripken, Jr. Highlights by Richard
 Rickey Henderson ALCS Highlights by Richard
 Jose Canseco ALCS Highlights by Richard
 Dave Stewart World Series Highlights by Richard
 Rickey Henderson World Series Highlights by Richard




 Fulton County Stadium by Richard
 Wrigley Field by Richard
 Riverfront Stadium by Richard
 The Astrodome by Richard
 Dodger Stadium by Richard
 County Stadium by Richard
 Olympic Stadium by Richard
 Shea Stadium by Richard
 Veterans Stadium by Richard
 Three Rivers Stadium by Richard
 Busch Stadium by Richard
 Jack Murphy Stadium by Richard
 Candlestick Park by Richard
 Memorial Stadium by Richard
 Fenway Park by Richard
 Angel Stadium by Richard
 Comiskey Park by Richard
 Cleveland Municipal Stadium by Richard
 Royals Stadium by Richard
 Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome by Richard
 Yankee Stadium by Richard
 Oakland Coliseum by Richard
 The Kingdome by Richard
 Arlington Stadium by Richard
 Skydome by Richard
Kevin Mitchell Season Highlights by Michael

Well, that wraps it up for the 1990 Topps set. 
I am working on making pages for all of the Topps sets from 1951 to the present, and right now, I only have the 1958-1968 sets left. I am also trying to add a template with the correct fonts on the pages, and perhaps trying to post all of the customs I know of on them as well. I haven't done much as far as the checklists go. For now, I am just using the Detroit Tigers as a starting point for the sets, and I have maybe 1 or 2 cards per set that I have marked off. I realize that there are tons of customs for '50's, '60's, and '70's cards out there, and it kills me not to have them up on my list and marked off, but it would honestly take me years to finish all of these checklists, and that is the only way I would be able to cross any cards off, because I need some kind of order to my checklists, and if I do them by team, it helps alot. I am trying to give the 1952 Topps set a full checklist, just because it is an iconic set, and I feel that if any set needs a full checklist from before 1980, it is the 1952 set. I have noticed a few things as I am making these checklists. First, the '50's have small sets, so you are missing almost the entire team. in the first few Topps sets, a number of players are pictured with a team that they were traded to during the year the set came out (in the 1952 set, a number of cards show a player with their new 1952 team if they were traded to them after the 1951 season ended. They also have a bunch of rookies who didn't debut until the year after the set came out (again, the 1952 Topps set has many players who actually debuted during the 1952 season. It's kind of confusing for me as a 'Yearbook Collector' (I believe the 1952 set should picture each player with their 1951 end of the season team, not their 1952 team). They also did that with managers. If a manager was fired in 1951, the new manager for the 1952 season got into the 1952 Topps set, with the 1951 manager left off. I will fix at least this problem. The others are Topps' problem. 
Lastly, Fuji from The Chronicles of Fuji, had a contest, and I placed 6th in the contest, earning me a prize. A big shout out to Fuji for being nice enough to hold a contest. It was really fun seeing all of the autographs he had, and makes me think it would be cool to hold a contest. I’ll toss some ideas around and perhaps you will see something about that in another post. Thanks go taking the time to read my latest post. -Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment