Monday, May 24, 2021

More old customs

 After doing about 5 customs today, I have finished the 1951 Topps missing Tigers (yearbook style). That means every person who played for the Detroit Tigers during the 1950 campaign has a 1951 Topps set. I am still missing 5 guys from the set who played in the 1951 season, but I will try to finish them tomorrow, as well as the guys from the 1952 set who played for Detroit in '52, but to wet your appetite while waiting for those, here are the ones I previously mentioned from the 1951 set, all of which I did.






























Let me tell you, these were a pain in the butt to make. There were 3 different fonts, each card number had to be rotated at a -45 degree angle, and I had to do a bunch of research on a number of scrub guys from 70 years ago who I had never really heard of. But the good news is that it is done, and I can put this Tigers set (basically) to bed. and I think it looks pretty sharp. It was actually easier to find pictures for this set than the '52 set since all of the pictures in the '51 set are in black and white. 
I should have some cards coming in the mail pretty soon. The '21 Bowman break I am participating in is a little delayed, but that should be done in a week or two. I have done a ton of customs for Brainiac Baseball Breaks for his '81 Detroit Tigers season replay (check it out, I made a sweet card of Reggie Jackson as a Tiger), and I should have some cards coming from him pretty soon, and it's about 3 weeks from my birthday, so who knows what that will bring. I'm actually hoping for an Amazon gift card, because I have really been wanting to pick up a 2020 Bowman Spencer Torkelson rookie and a 2018 Bowman Casey Mize rookie before those start going through the roof, or before those guys fizzle out and I could've found them in dime boxes. Either way, I want to buy them right now at current market value. I guess we'll know if I get them in a couple of weeks. 
Thanks for checking out my lastest post.
-Jeremy


1 comment: