Thursday, March 8, 2012

Favorite Player: Tomas Perez

Back in 2002, I had a friend (whom shall remain nameless), who I used to hang out with a good deal. We mainly went to minor league and Devil Ray games. He knew a lot about baseball, and had followed the Indians since the '80's, and now the Rays were his adopted team since he moved to Orlando.
He used to post a bunch on some baseball websites, and had a website he ran dedicated to Central Florida baseball (since taken down). He posted a bunch on Baseball Primer, and one of his posts had to do with Tomas Perez. He basically took all of the letters in TOMAS PEREZ, and made anagrams of them which had to do with his career. I think some of them were APR MEETS OZ (met Ozzie Smith in April and gained fielding super powers), and MAESTRO PEZ (got nickname for flashy fielding and a candy endorsement). I did a search for it on Baseball Think Factory, and the page is no longer up :(. It was really clever and funny.
So after all of this, in 2004, I had my friend's business card, so I sent it in the mail along with the 2 Perez cards I had, and mentioned that he had made the anagram post. I got the 2 cards back signed in a month or so. He kept the business card. I no longer have the 2 signed cards, but I did get a few more of Tomas's cards, and hope to get another autographed one someday.

TOMAS PEREZ CARDS I HAVE:
1995 Topps Traded
1997 Donruss
2003 Topps
2005 Topps Chrome Refractor

No comments:

Post a Comment