Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Trade with Baseball Card Breakdown

A few weeks ago, I sent some cards to Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown, and he kindly obliged with a package of cards for me today. I needed every one of those cards, and a number hit on sets that I didn't have very many Rays cards of. Let's take a look. 

I somehow don't have many Rays Bowman cards from any years, and Gavin helped me out with some Bowman issues from the '99 and '00 sets. The Flair Showcase, Upper Deck Minors, and Topps Archives cards all are first cards from those sets. I'm stocked to get a jersey card of Hamilton. 



More Bowman cards to pad more recent years, some sweet 2015 Topps Archives cards, and a Jeff Niemann auto/dual jersey card I won in a contest that Gavin held. You might get sick of Rays cards and want to toss them, but I will jump at any and all Rays cards. I'm stoked that companies even make jersey and autographed cards of Rays, so any time I get some is a treat for me. The last 3 cards on the bottom are a '62 Topps Bo Belinsky custom (with a note from Gavin on the back), and cards of Quinton McCracken and Ben Zobrist for those guys who I collect.
Thanks, Gavin, for the sweet Rays cards to add to my Rays collection. I'll look for some cards for you so we can trade again.
Yesterday, I hit a big number as far as for my missing player checklists. I finished the 1953 and 1951 Topps missing player checklists, and that gave me the names of every missing player/coach from the 1951-2001 Topps sets. I hope to finish a few more by the end of the year, and as soon as I am caught up (maybe after finishing the 2019 Topps checklist sometime in 2019?), I will be cranking out customs. I'm very proud of getting so many missing player checklists done, and I hope this blog can not only help people keep tabs of my regular baseball card collection, but also help guys who do customs as a hub of everything they need (missing player checklists, templates, and font resource) to make customs with.
I'm kind of glad that I got some fun in during the last few days, because it looks like hurricane Dorian is going to effect us no matter what. It kind of sucks because as a baker, I'm probably going to be rode ragged in the next 5-6 days as everyone will be going bonkers getting way more bread than they will actually need for the storm. Most bread was out, as well as water, when we went shopping today. I do have Sunday and Tuesday off, so hopefully they will let me stay hope, and we can figure out how we are going to handle things for the storm and get things squared away before it hits. Thankfully, we had a dangerous tree chopped down this spring and we shouldn't have to worry about any trees hitting our house. I don't have any pictures of it, but it had to have been at least 40 feet high, and a huge section of it fell down 2 years ago when hurricane Irma got us. Hopefully it will not be as strong as anticipated and it will steer away from Florida. Hurricanes suck, and besides the horrid humidity, I wouldn't recommend moving to Florida because sooner or later, one will hit where you are. I'll try to post when I can, but if power goes out, I might be stuck home or at the nursing home my wife works at waiting for time to pass and for power to be restored. Crossing my fingers. Maybe I'll add the cards Gavin sent me to my Rays/Player collection binders.  Thanks again for the cards Gavin.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like! Best of luck with the hurricane.. scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete