Thursday, August 1, 2019

1997-2001 Topps Devil Ray customs

Yesterday, on the Facebook Custom Cards Group, someone asked for any customs made of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays from 1998-2001. I know I've made a lot from that period, so I figured I would post them here, and then put the link on the page. Maybe one of these days I will finish some of the earlier team sets. Here is what I have so far.

1997

1998

































1999





























2000




2000



Boy, do I miss those days of the '98-01 Rays uniforms. I really don't mind them, or the domed stadium, or the Devil Ray name. Those were fun times, and I really miss them.

I have been hard at work on the blog lately. Any customs I have made or found online that fit in my missing player checklists have been saved on my laptop, but a number of them haven't been posted here or uploaded anywhere. I have had a laptop crash on me once before, and I lost a number of cards in the 1992 Topps set that I was working on at the time. I decided to post every card I had saved on my current laptop, and I have posted them all with each set page on the right sidebar. On each set page, the missing player checklist is listed first, then any templates I have, and finally on the bottom I have posted any card I had on my laptop. This will ensure that I won't lose anything if it does ever crash. They are also fun to look at, so feel free to check them out.
I have also been working on missing player checklists. I can't remember which one I was working on since I last posted, but I currently am working on the 1959 Topps set, and just have 1951, 1953-1959, 2002-2015, and 2017-2019 left. These early Topps sets are easier because of fewer teams, so I hope to finish the last of the '50's by the end of the year. Once those are done, I will work my way up to the present.
I try to keep the checklists and set pages very detailed, and people have commented on that. I hope it is a good thing and that it helps out anyone who comes to this page looking for anything. If you have any ideas to help add to this blog, please feel free to let me know. I want this page to be a service to the custom card making/collecting/blogging community.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. These were really fun! A whole lotta "Oh yeah, he played for the Devil Rays!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete