Monday, September 9, 2019

Trade with Bob

A few weeks ago while I was on vacation, a reader, Bob, e-mailed me. He collects any card of a player blowing a bubble, and noticed that the sunset card I had made for Andre Dawson showed him blowing one. When I got back, I got to work making some customs of guys blowing bubbles, and Bob got a package together for me. 

I got the package a few days ago, and was very happy with the contents. Bob also collects sunset cards (any brand), and hooked me up with some nice ones, including Hall of Famers like Jim Palmer, Catfish Hunter, Willie Stargell, and Roy Halladay, as well as some hopefully future ones like David Ortiz and Derek Jeter. 
He also threw in some nice Detroit Tigers for my Tigers binder. I have maybe 5 Tigers cards from the '60's and '70's, and this package doubled it.
I got some nice early 2000's Rays, and also 2 newer ones from Stadium Club sets I didn't have any of.
The last part of the package was probably the biggest surprise for me, a chunk of 16 Topps Black Gold cards that I needed! This leaves me needing only 9 players to complete the player set. Besides the 9 players, I need a few random winner and redemption cards, and this set will be complete. If you think you might be able to help out, here is my Want List. I know a few other collectors, including Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown, are also collecting the set, so if I see any at a show, I'll probably try to pick them up, even if I already have them.
I have been having to go in to work at 3 AM almost every day of the last week because of a crazy cookie sale, and tomorrow is going to be the same. After that, it should be back to normal, and I should be back at getting some checklists done and stuff. I'm hoping to get back into a kind of normal routine and have a little bit of sanity before November, December, and all of the holidays. We survived the hurricane just fine, and if I can get through this next week, other than a few things, it will pretty much be back to normal.
Thanks, Bob, for the great cards. I will be on the lookout for more bubble-blowing cards, and let me know if I can make you any more customs.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment