Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Finishing things up

I have had the pleasure of finishing a few baseball card-related things these past few days. I am the type of person who doesn't really enjoy the journey and just wants it to get over with so I can see the result. It makes me happy to finally see some things come to fruition after months of plugging away.
The first thing I finished was my Highlights binder. I don't feel like I had that many to add to it, but it was enough to keep it from being boring. After that one was done, I finished my Rookie Card binder. I had a ton of cards to add to that. Guys like Jose Cruz, Jr., Mike Lieberthal, Brian Rose, as well as some stars like Ken Griffey, Jr., Ronald Acuna, Jr., and Gleyber Torres. Once that binder was organized, I got a new notebook, and started my much anticipated Sunset Card binder. Now that I am done with it, I will probably do a post with pictures of it, and try to list most sunset cards, and note the ones that are customs. The last binder I did was my Refractor/Serial #d/Shiny Card binder. Now that it is organized, all of my binders are basically up-to-date, save for 2-3 recent packs I opened, and a few cards I got from a card shop and my birthday back in June.  Speaking of card shop, a new one just opened about 2 minutes away from my house.
It isn't much right now. Mainly has jerseys, some replica rings, the usual Pokemon, gaming, and whatever kind of cards. The only baseball they had 3 weeks ago when I came in was about a dozen boxes of 20 for $1 cards (mainly '87-91 Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck), and a 36-pack box of  '89 Topps. No thank you. I did purchase a few of the 20 for $1 cards, and they took my name down and are going to call if they get some Rays cards. I hope it succeeds and gets a good variety of baseball stuff.

Now that I have all of my binders organized, I am going to try to make a Want List of Rays and Tigers cards. It will be more like a Have List. I think it's easier to list what I have instead of typing out all of the names of hundreds of parallel cards I don't have. Stay tuned for those pages.

Lastly, I have some mail going out!  If you live in the 06810, 13601, 60706, 95119, 97213, or 97230 zip codes, you might have a package coming your way!  The good part about organizing my binders is that I found a bunch of cards for bloggers out there. 

That's about if for me. I've also finished up some yardwork today, cutting a bunch of bushes, taking out some hedge borders that weren't doing their job, digging a lot of dirt up where I was going to install a planter box, installing said planters box, putting some soil in the box, and finally moving 3 pineapple plants and a milkweed plant from their respective spots in my back yard and into the new planters box in the back yard. A tiring, but rewarding task. If anyone is interested, I'll post some pictures. I also made a planters box and put it in our front yard, and it has some zinnias in it with at least 30 flowers, 2 more milkweed plants, a few marigolds, and some morning glories. I can't wait to see what the two boxes will look like next summer if we actually get a normal amount of rain. The journey can be a pain sometimes, but on my yardwork and cardwork, the final result has been definitely worth it. 
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy  

2 comments:

  1. Wow. A card shop that's 2 minutes from your doorstep is pretty cool. Although I totally chuckled when I read that the only unopened product was a box of 1989 Topps. Sure hope they stock the shelves with more than that. The 12 nickel boxes sound cool though. I wish my LCS had some of those.

    By the way... I'm a big fan of non-sports card related posts. If you showed off pictures of your yard work... I'd definitely read that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a card shop in walking distance too, and sadly I went in once and it was all overpriced junk. A couple nickel boxes to look through would've been nice at least but no.

    ReplyDelete