Friday, January 22, 2016

The Dick Pole Project Part 10: 1999 Topps Dick Pole

Dick Pole went to Boston for the '98 season. Topps didn't make manager or coach cards in the 1999 set, so I had to use my imagination for this one. Since Topps had rookie cards with a gold bar that said 'rookie card' in them, I decided to do something similar for coach and manager cards. I wasn't able to find a photo of Pole as a Red Sox coach, so I photoshopped the Sox logo on another photo.

I had the idea the other day to possibly try to look for photos of players on YouTube. I found some older games that are on there, so that might be a possibility for if I can't find photos, just not sure of how broad a selection of games it has on there. I have 3-4 cards in my 1992 Topps project that I would love to find different photos for, and it would be great if I can find some videos of games from 1991 on YouTube.

Dick's next card will feature him on his 4th team as a coach, and usher us into the 2000's. That should be posted in a few weeks, as I have some other cards to post before it.Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment