Saturday, October 24, 2015

Missing Topps Cards: Mariano Rivera 1992 Topps, 1993 Topps, 1994 Topps Traded Update, 1995 Topps Traded, 1996 Topps





I had planned on doing the next cards in order numberwise, but I started making a few random Mariano Rivera cards, and decided to do a post where I completed his Topps run of cards. I did the 1992 card as part of my 1992 Topps blog. the others came as a request from REJ who writes Century 21 Topps Cards. I could've paired some great pitchers with Rivera in the 1993 card, but since Topps chose to post a player from each Minor League class, the pickings were slim. Topps already had a Coming Attractions card for the Yankees in the '94 set, but I decided to give them 2 more (including one with Jeter and Posada) in the Traded Update set. Rivera had a card with Lyle Mouton in the '95 Traded set, but didn't have his own card, so I gave him a Future Star card, and finally the '96 card pictures him with 3 borderline Hall of Fame pitchers. 
I have never been a Yankee fan, but I have a little respect for Rivera since he does alot of charitable work in his hometown. I'll try not to post too many Yankee cards on my blog, but I think I can live with a few of Rivera. 
In one of the next posts, I'll do another Missing Topps Card post of Jeromy Burnitz. I don't know how many of them I'll do, but I'll do a few at least to get the ball rolling.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I'd definitely like to see Topps go back and issue these 5 cards.

    ReplyDelete