Sunday, May 14, 2023

Wantlists and vacation

 While I did have to work Wednesday through Saturday this past week  and it’s been crazy at work, I did manage to get some card things done. Karen and Kyler went down to her brothers in Melbourne for Friday night and most of Saturday, and I was able to input my Detroit Tiger cards from 2008 (or wherever it was that I stopped at last time) to 2019 into TCDB. For all intents and purposes, it is all of the Topps base cards I have that are Tigers. Really all that is left are various Donruss/Panini sets, Bowman’s, Topps inserts, and the various non-flagship Topps sets from 2020-2023. I won’t add base Topps cards from 2023 as I plan to purchase the complete set when it comes out. While I had planned working on my entire Rays collection next, I think I just want to check off all of their Topps base cards (which I am positive I have besides for a pesky 2013 Evan Longoria) and finish the AL team Topps cards. That should do it for me and I will have an adequate needlist for every Topps set. Then perhaps I’ll input every teams non-Topps cards and that will not only give me some tradeable cards, but it may also put me into a situation like Night Owl (and I’m almost 100% sure it will with a few junk wax sets) and I’ll be 10 or so cards or short of some non-Topps sets. Either way, after that there should be a number of trades in my future. Get ready to complete some team sets you Yankee$ and Padre$ fans on TCDB. I’m having a house-cleaning sale and everything (non Topps) must go!!! 
I went ahead and made a home page for all of my Topps wantlists. This page will have every Topps set listed by year and will have links to the wantlist for each set. I only have a few sets wantlists completely finished, but I put the whole list up there just so I could get holes in sets finished as soon as possible. I have also crossed off any sets that are completed. Here is the main page if you feel like taking a look and proposing trades. I have some cards put in one of my loose card boxes that are going to be going out in packages at some point, so if you have anything I need, I may already have a stack ready to send you. If not, I’m sure I could find something, especially now that I am getting a grasp of TCDB and how to find things. It has really given me a glimpse on what I have in my collection and what sets I am close to finishing and which ones I thought were close but really weren’t. 
I was able to get some of my dupes out of monster boxes last Tuesday, and now I have 4 monster boxes full of cards ready to be put into binders and I probably will need to start a 5th if I get another complete set. It probably won’t be until after we are back from vacation, because so really want to have a good time on vacation and try some different restaurants, and perhaps buy some 2023 Heritage or maybe even find a card shop nearby. We’ll probably spend 2-3 days in Niagara Falls (perhaps hit up Buffalo), and then 4-5? days in Washington DC, and take in a Nats/Marlins sleeper. I’ll be turning 40 on June 14, and we will be driving to DC on my birthday. Has anyone been to Niagara Falls/Buffalo or Washington DC? Any good places to eat or good bars in the area?  Any good things to visit at the Nationals ballpark?  27 more days, and I can’t wait. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

3 comments:

  1. You're gonna be tired when you get back from vacation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Just the opposite. Right now I’m getting up at 3:30 AM 5 days a week to do a physically demanding job with a boss breathing down my neck. On vacation the earliest we might get up is 8, I can go at my own pace, and spend time with my family. Only way I might be tired is if we arrive home in the evening and I work the next morning.

      Delete
  2. I grew up near Buffalo/Niagara Falls, but haven't been in the area in 17 years. If you can, I highly recommend a trip on the Maid Of The Mist which is a tour boat that will take you up close to the Falls!

    ReplyDelete