Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Contest recap and my ballgame plans

 
Yesterday I held a contest pertaining to our vacation, and Vroomed got the first correct response with PNC Park/Pittsburg Pirates. Vroomed, if you are reading this, please let me know what to send you and where to send it. 
We are planning on seeing the Pirates/Mets game on Sunday the 11th, and it will be a great experience seeing Ke’Bryan Hayes, Andrew McCutchen, Pete Alonso, Francisco Lindor, and others play in person. Perhaps we’ll get lucky and see Verlander or Scherzer pitch. I believe I’ve seen Verlander live in spring training before, but don’t believe I’ve seen Scherzer live. We will be sitting in right field, so maybe we’ll have a chance for a HR ball during the game or batting practice. I’d love to get some autographs, but I have a feeling the only chance might be the Pirate Parrot. I had 5 cards of him, but while going through my Pirates binders, I came across the blue parallel at the bottom of the photo and remembered I had the base copy in my highlights binder. The Taylor Buchholz card features the Parrot in the background. 
I also came across Manny Sanguillen’s bbq stand, and I don’t know if he still comes to it to sign autographs, but if he does, I’m pretty sure I have some of his cards, and I’ll be ready. 
As far as the Nats game, I have a couple of cards of Screetch, their mascot, and I’ll try to get them signed and we’ll see if I can meet Nick Fortes of the Marlins. I can’t remember if I mentioned it, but Fortes is from DeLand, FL (where I currently live), and went to high school here. Our paths could have crossed for all I know. Our seats are by the Marlins dugout, so we’ll see if I can make a ‘We drove all the way from DeLand, FL to see Nick Fortes play’ sign and maybe he will come over and say hi. It will be a fun trip regardless of what happens at the games, and hopefully we can make a bunch of memories. 
Posting should be sparse, if at all during vacation, but I’ll be back at it when I’m back, probably with a recap post and probably some new cards from wherever we can find some. 
Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

8 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, if the Mets stay on their current rotation, you'll likely see Senga or Megill that day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta get to that Pirates park one of these days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PNC Park is a beautiful stadium. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Thanks. my ID at gmail will get a message to me. Good luck with Fortes - if he sees the sign, I can't imagine he wouldn't at least tip his cap or something. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Vroomed! Have a safe and fun vacation, and looking forward to pics of those ballparks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great... and safe trip. Always hear great things about PNC. Hope you run into Sanguillen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cards arrived abnd they are spectacular! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete