Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Quick contest

 Yesterday, Karen and I were planning out our driving route for our vacation. Basically going from DeLand, FL to somewhere in VA, resting, driving from there to Niagara Falls, spending 3 days there, driving to Northern VA, spending 2-3 days seeing stuff in Washington, DC (including a Nats game), driving to Charlotte, NC, spending a day there to see family, and then driving back to DeLand. June 10-21 and I can’t wait. 
While planning out everything, I took note of where we were driving through, checked the schedule, and we timed it out so we will be visiting a new ballpark and seeing a second game. This will be my 12th ballpark visited by myself (Tropicana Field, Turner Field, Fenway Park, Shea Stadium, Miller Park, Comiskey Park (2), Kauffman Stadium, Minute Maid Park, Comerica Park, Wrigley Field, Nats Ballpark, and this next one). It will be the 6th one I’ve been to with Karen and Kyler (The Trop, Minute Maid, Comerica, Wrigley, and the 2 on this trip), and it will be the 3rd one I’ve been to this season, tying the 3  I’ve been to in 2008 (Miller, Comiskey #2, and Kauffman). 
I figured I would do a little contest to spice things up on the blog since I don’t have any new cards to show and probably won’t until we’re on the trip. The first one to correctly guess which ballpark or home team we will be seeing (besides the Nationals) on our trip will win a pwe of cards of their favorite team(s) and/or player(s). If nobody correctly guesses by tomorrow, I’ll post a clue tomorrow. Good luck. 
Thanks for reading my latest post. 
-Jeremy

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You guessed correctly. Please send me an email with your favorite team/players and your address.

      Delete
  2. CITIZENS BALLPARK IN PHILADELPHIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go with Truist Park in Atlanta.

    Wherever you're going, hope you both have a wonderful and safe time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. assuming no one has guessed correctly yet (although Camden and Philly seem obvious) we'll be getting a hint today???

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Virginia resident who has made the trip to Western New York many times, I know that Pittsburgh would be the most likely to fall along the drive, followed by Baltimore (Philadelphia is a little out of the way being on the other side of PA). Since Pittsburgh and Baltimore have already been guessed, I'll throw out a real wild card and say you'll make a side trip to Toronto (which is less than two hours away from Niagara Falls). Hope you're bringing your passport!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll go with PIttsburgh. Enjoy that vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The correct answer is Pittsburgh Pirates/PNC Park. Vrooomed was the first person with the correct answer. Vrooomed, please let me know your favorite teams/players and email me your address and I will get your pwe sent out.

    ReplyDelete