Monday, May 8, 2023

More partial sets

 I

was supposed to get the 1991 and 1993 Topps sets I ordered on Monday, but they came a day early and got here on Sunday.  As with the 2004 Topps set I ordered, I was cautiously optimistic that the sets would actually be complete. If you recall, the 2004 set was short a few Cubs and Jeters. It looks like the 1991 set owner picked out many of the stars, but I already had so many guys in that set, that I’m sure I’ll only be missing 5-10 cards from that set. That will be updated tomorrow if I get a chance to look through my binders. The 1993 set was all bindered up and in numerical order. It’s a pain for me as I’ll have to take them all out and organize them into teams, but I was able to just flip through the binder and go though the checklist on TCDB and input the missing guys. Good news with that one,it is complete, and it had the Jeter RC. If I was a brah I would call my grading service right away and start getting the briefcase ready to store the gem mint 10 slab.  
That leaves me with a few tough choices to make. First is I want to order a few more sets from the site. I’ve found what looks to be a 2001, 2003, and 2008 complete set listed on the site, and even if they aren’t totally complete, they would get me extremely close and at the prices, would be cheaper than purchasing complete sets. Problem is that we are going on vacation in a month and I would rather not be cutting it close money wise during the trip. In vacations past it has also been tight once we get back (as I’m sure it has been for many others). 
The other problem is storage. I have 2 monster boxes with loose cards filled to the brim. I have another one right now filled with Yankees, and another one filled with doubles. The monster boxes are making it easy to organize loose cards and I think I’m almost to the point where I need to get more, but those seem to almost be 7-8 bucks for the cheapest ones I’ve seen. While I am making these master Topps lists and entering everything into TCDB, Im probably going to have to store everything in monster boxes and then put them in binders. I don’t want to end up with dozens of boxes that I won’t use any more, as I want all of my cards in binders. Any ideas or leads on where to get cheap monster boxes?
Tomorrows plan will be to get the 1993 set out of binders and organized by team, perhaps get a monster box free because I would like to get the 1993 Topps set into the boxes and add the ‘93 Traded set to it. I’ll also look for those 1991 Topps cards and see how close I am to finally finishing the set. Maybe post some of these near complete Topps sets (‘87, ‘91, ‘93 Traded, ‘04), and see if I can get any bites. If any time is left after that, I’ll get back to entering my Tigers binders into TCDB (I’ll be starting on 2006 sets if I’m not mistaken). 
Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation, enjoy it! When I used to take vacations, I needed a vacation when I got back, lol.

    ReplyDelete