Thursday, September 28, 2023

2023 Yankee Elimination Day and 2023 Topps Chrome

 First off, happy Yankee Elimination Day!!!  I believe it was 3 days ago that they were officially eliminated at the hands of the Diamondbacks. Somewhere in Arizona, Luis Gonzalez is smiling. I’ll try to make a custom celebrating the event soon. I’ll be working on printing a bunch of customs tomorrow and I should be able to squeeze out one celebrating the team I dislike the most getting eliminated from postseason contention. Hopefully I can top it off with a card of the Rat-Birds getting ousted and one of the first of many Rays World Series titles. 

Earlier today, the family went to Daytona and got our eyes looked at. I got some new contacts and all of our visits showed our eyes were working pretty well and any issues we have weren’t getting worse.  On the way home, we stopped at Target for some food, and I picked up a blaster of 2023 Topps Chrome. 

The base cards weren’t too bad, with this being a Mackenzie Gore hot blaster. I believe I already have one of that ‘88 Topps Luis Castillo card. There’s an DJ Lemahieu card, reminding me of the beautiful 2023 Yankee$ season. If only they can finish below .500 and behind the Red Sox. 
No Rays or Tigers, but I got a few cool refractors, including a nice Purple speckle? one. Another DJ card and one of DeJong household favorite Kyle Tucker. We saw Kyle play in the minors at Corpus Christi in 2017 and got his autograph, and he’s a Florida boy, so why not root for him? 
That’s the Castillo refractor. The Purple isn’t the first numbered parallel of of Castillo that I’ve pulled, as I got either a 2021 or 2022 Topps Green parallel of him. This 2023 card is a nice looking one, and I hope I can hold onto it for a while. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

4 comments:

  1. I do enjoy a good Yankees Are Dead Celebration Box Break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to see the Rays take the AL to the WS. That way we can be driving distance for both Tampa and Atlanta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don’t know how bad I want to go to a Rays World Series game in Tampa. 2008 I was living in Alabama and didn’t have the funds. 2020 I had the money but Covid kept the games from coming to Tampa, and honestly so don’t think they’ll make it this year.

      Delete
  3. Bummed that they increased the price of a blaster, so thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete