Saturday, September 14, 2019

Trade with Dime Box Nick

A few weeks ago, I emailed Dime Box Nick about working a trade, and he kindly obliged me. After going through 3 huge boxes of cards I purchased about a year ago, I came away with a number of cards with cool photos that I knew would fit some of Nick's mini-collections, so I sent them his way, and he hooked me up with a bunch of Tigers, Rays, and guys for my Favorite Player Collection

I got some nice Tigers cards. The Kaline scratch-off is the first for me, and next to it was a stack of 3 '70 O-Pee-Chee's. Most of the bottom row are new-to-me sets that I had wanted to get, but just missed out. My card shop didn't have the '19 National Baseball Card Day set, so I was glad Nick sent me the Cabrera. I had always loved the 1993 Topps set, so I'm stoked to get the Archives Stewart, and I went multiple times to different stores to try to find some Utz potato chips with the baseball cards inserted, and came up empty. Not now, thanks to the Castellanos that Nick sent me. 
Next up, Nick sent me some Rays. I am in love with the '83 Reprint Refractor of Archer. I have got to get my hands on more of those. All of these cards are new to my Rays binder, and I'm happy to get guys from just about every era of the franchise and happy to get closer to completing some Rays team sets.


Last up are some guys Nick dug up for my Favorite Player binder. The Dozier and Gregorious cards almost doubled my collections of them. The Inge's are nice, as I have a ton of his cards, and don't usually get too many new cards of him. The Derek Fisher card is cool because it highlights the first MLB game my son Kyler went to, which was on June 14, 2017 (my birthday). Fisher hit a single to get his first MLB hit, and later on in the inning, also hit a Home Run, which landed a row in front of us in the section to our left. It was the first time I had been to a game where a team batted around in an inning, and it just had so many great things happen in the game, and the fact that it was my son's first MLB game and we saw that season's World Champions play was just icing on the cake. There are so many binders that the card can go into as well. I have one in Kyler's binder, one in my Favorite Player binder, I can put this one in my highlights binder, and I could also put another one in my Astros binder. 

Things are still a little wonky here at my house, but it feels like it's slowly getting on the way back to normal. I've finished the NL on the 2003 Topps Missing Player Checklist, and I hope to work on a few more teams later tonight. For now, thanks to Nick, I have to update my Tigers, Rays, and Favorite Players pages. I always love to get new cards, and it feels good to help out other people with their collections. Makes me want to get a Saturday off work and go to a card show sometime. We'll see. Thanks, Nick, for the great cards.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. That Kaline Scratch-off is awesome! Love that vintage insert set.

    ReplyDelete