Sunday, May 14, 2017

Meet the Mets

I don't know how many of you are into collecting autographs, but I would like to think that at least a few people that ready this blog are. I went to my first Spring Training game in 1992 when I saw the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Detroit Tigers at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland, Florida. I got blown off by Barry Bonds, but did get autographs from Kevin Ritz and Gary Redus. After that, I was hooked. I would bring my cards to games and try to get autographs. I started doing ttm autographs in 2004, and by the time I slowed down in 2011, I had 6 binders full of autographed cards, and was approaching 10,000 autographed cards. I sold most of them, and haven't been doing ttm's near as much, but I still try to get autographs at games.
I am a member at SportsCollectors.net, an autograph website where members can track which players they have sent requests to and use as a great research tool when trying to get ttm autographs. One of the members there is collecting the New York Mets and trying to get an autograph of anyone who played for them during the Shea Stadium era. I decided to make a few Mets team sets and post them here. I had another member contact me and say he wanted customs of the Dodgers, so I might try to do them next and make another post like this. Here are the Mets team sets from 1990 to 1994.


1990 TOPPS

















1991 TOPPS


 Davey Johnson by Richard




















1992 TOPPS





















1993 TOPPS





















1994 TOPPS









Vince Coleman by Richard












(note: The last 2 cards are of replacement players for the Mets who played in Spring Training in 1995. I chose to use the 1994 Topps design and make a 2nd Traded series featuring a few more traded players and replacement players who played in the first round of Spring Training games in 1995). 


I hope this was enjoyable. It seems like all my customs are scattered when it comes to each year's set, so it's nice to make a post and show some of the cards I have just sitting in a set folder that haven't been shown yet. 
I'm slowly making headway on the 1994 Topps set, and building the '99 Topps checklist. Someday all of it will be done and the '89-'01 Topps sets will be complete. If you have any requests for teams or players to work on in those sets, let me know. Most of the checklists are done, so all that needs to be done is to just make the cards. Thanks for checking out my latest cards.
-Jeremy


No comments:

Post a Comment