Thursday, September 29, 2016

1999 Topps #499 Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly was the #1 overall pick in the 1991 MLB draft by the Braves after winning the Golden Spikes Award at Arizona State University. He made his debut in 1994 with the Braves and played with them on their 1995 World Championship club. He spent 1996 and 1997 with the Reds, and 1998 with the Devil Rays. His final season was in 1999 with the Colorado Rockies. He never fulfilled the potential of a #1 pick, but did hit 22 Home Runs in a 6 year career as a reserve outfielder.

Mike only got 2 Topps card in his career, a '94 Topps Traded card, and a '95 Topps card. He is missing cards from the 1996-2000 Topps sets. This card covers the '99 set. I also made a Draft Pick card of Mike as part of my other blog, Completing the 1992 Topps Set. I don't know why he was left out of the '92 set, as most of the picks in the first round of the '91 draft were included in the 1992 set.



Today is the big day when we attempt to move everything into the new house. We closed yesterday, and in an interesting twist, I got promoted to full-time at work today. All I can say is it's about time. I put a lot into my work and it's nice to know that I will be able to make a little more money for my family. Thanks for checking out the latest card.
-Jeremy



No comments:

Post a Comment