Saturday, March 13, 2021

2021 Topps Blaster

 I was hoping not to have to write a post like this, but unfortunately for us, we had the ultrasound yesterday, and they didn’t see growth or find a heartbeat. We are kind of down, upset, angry, and all sorts of things in between. I don't know if we will try again or not, but I think we'll at least look at the adoption route if we aren't able to have one naturally. 

It was kind of a sad trip home, but we went out to eat to try to take our minds off of it, and ended up running to Target as well. I was hoping to find some 2021 Donruss, but they didn't have any. They did have some packs of 2021 Topps, and I ended up getting a blaster. 

I got a few nice ones, but mainly a good representation of the set and the inserts. I still haven't pulled a Gold parallel or a HR Challenge card yet. 
I didn't know Night Owl was being serious when he said that there was another Cody Bellinger insert set, but I guess he was, as I pulled 2, as well as his '52 insert. This turned out to be a Bellinger hot blaster. 
That about rounds out the NL cards. Nothing too special here. 

I've never been a huge Trout guy. Always thought he got a ton of publicity when Miguel Cabrera won the Triple Crown and also got the MVP. Cabrera deserved that MVP, and although Trout is a good player, I get sick of hearing about him every 5 seconds on MLB Network. Even though I'm not a Trout guy, I usually end up upulling something of his every year. Not a jersey or autograph or anything, but usually I end up pulling him on the yearly Topps reprint insert or some kind of numbered parallel. I pulled his '52 insert this year. 
That's the rest of the AL. 
The highlights for me were the Rays and Tigers mainly. I don't know what I'll do with that Topps History card. Probably put it in my checklist/random card binder. I pulled another Casey Mize (War Eagle!), which will probably go into the Tigers binder. Among the rookies, were a Jo Adell '52 insert a Sixto Sanchez, and a Jesus Sanchez. Jesus was a Ray, and then was traded to the Marlins for Nick Anderson and Trevor Richards. I am kind of torn with him. I want him to do well since I have some of his earlier cards, but I don't really want the Marlins to get the better end of the trade. The Bellinger is a rainbow parallel, and the 70th Anniversary medallion is of Ernie Banks. Any of these cards are up for trade if you want them, and Night Owl has first dibs on the Bellingers. 
Now that the future is a bit more open, I'll probably still be working on putting my loose cards in binders, but also allow for some other projects to creep in. One of these off days, I really want to finish weeding some of the plant beds around our house. I am also working on doing some 1981 Topps customs for Braniac Baseball's simulations. Customs are kind of on the back burner now as far as the 1998 set, but I'm sure I'll get to doing those at some point. 

Hopefully 2021 Donruss and 2021 Heritage will be on the shelves by the end of the month and everyone will be able to get their hands on some. I'm really wanting to get some of the World Series cards in Heritage featuring the Rays. It might be my only hope for some Randy Arozarena World Series/ALCS/ALDS cards. If you land any and don't want them, please send them my way.

Lastly, I put in my vacation request 3 days ago, and I think it will get approved. My wife still has 2 weeks from last year that she was unable to take, and she will get to use that and have more time later this year. I just have the 2 weeks, but I'm up for a vacation. No ballparks that we will be going by will be open, but I'm still looking forward to some days off where I don't have to be up at 3:45AM or have a schedule. Our plan is to drive to North Carolina and spend 1-2 days there and see some of my wife's family, then drive to Columbus, Ohio. Since the start of the pandemic, we have been watching a show that goes behind the scenes of the Columbus Zoo, and decided that we wanted to go check out the zoo and see some of the animals we've seen on the show. That will probably take another day. Lastly, we will drive back to Grand Rapids, Michigan, and see some of my family. We're hoping to see a zoo or two up there, maybe go to Lake Michigan, visit a card show, and maybe pick some peaches. It will be a nice to get some time away from everything and have a little bit of fun. 

Thanks again for all of the kind words over the past 3 weeks.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy





14 comments:

  1. I'd love to trade for that Miguel Cabrera black 86 card. Maybe we could put together a larger trade as well. You can reach me at hiflew@yahoo.com or on my blog Cards from the Quarry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy I wish you and Karen well. Enjoy that vacay! As for the 2021 cards, I'll make it easy on you. I'll jump on the Banks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your news. My thoughts go out to both you and your wife. Reading your first paragraph made my heart sink for you two, I've got nothing to add about the baseball cards other than I suppose any distraction right now is a good distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rough news, hope things get feeling better for you soon. Thanks for sharing the rest, and keep kickin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I feel like a real heel for asking for a trade without offering condolences. Honestly I didn't read the opening paragraph and just skipped to the pics. I am sorry both for the loss and for my unintentional poor etiquette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. So sorry. Condolences go out to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry. Good friends of mine had a similar loss years ago...FWIW they did eventually have a healthy daughter from a later pregnancy. Not much I can say but I certainly wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sorry to hear about that. My brother Samuel got miscarried, and for a long time I've wondered what it would be like to have a younger brother. Hopefully we'll see them in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and your wife the best. I can't relate to the heartache you must be feeling. I'm done with most new product. Stadium Club maybe but that's it. If I receive any through trading, that works for me. Gold cards used to be one per pack. It's nuts how are these are to pull now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a tough read; I didn't pay much attention to the cards. My condolences to you and the Mrs. I went through that too before being blessed with my boys. Maybe you guys will be up to trying again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really sucks! On a positive note though, if you do decide to go the adoption route, just know that there are an awful lot of children out there who are waiting for their chance to go to a loving home, so you two will have the opportunity to greatly improve the life of at least one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for your loss. My brother and his girlfriend went through the same thing last fall.

    ReplyDelete