Friday, January 4, 2019

2018 card of the year

P-town Tom of Waiting 'til Next Year recently had a contest post where he wanted everyone to post their favorite card of 2018. It took a while to figure one out, but I think I have finally come up with one.
While not autographed at the time, I pulled this ordinary Kyle Seager card from a pack of 2018 Topps Heritage shortly after the set came out in 2018. This would've been your ordinary run-of-the-mill card, but in June of 2018, I took my son Kyler to his first game at Tropicana Field, and while holding him, got Seager to sign it. I am counting it as Kyler's first in-person autographed card at a Major League game, and that is all of the reason to count it as my card of the year. 

This year has started off with a bang card-wise for me. I purchased some sweet cards from COMC shortly before the end of the year, and they should be arriving at my door sometime in the next week. There will be a post following. I have printed out a number of customs I have made as well, and they will be going into my PC/Rays/Tigers/Highlights binders as well as 99% of the COMC cards I ordered. 

Sorry for such a quick post, but I should have time for a longer post on Tuesday, and definitely when my COMC cards arrive. Thanks for taking the time to check out my latest post.
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Your son's first TTM? Excellent choice! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool sentimental pick! I'd probably get that card framed and hung up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete