Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A little help from my friends







Recently, a fan of my blog, Richard, emailed me with some customs that he made off of my list of cards that never were.  Included were the '08 Topps cards, '13 Topps cards, and a 2016 Topps card. I must say that I like what Richard has done, and I am happy to get help on any of the cards that I have on my list. The list is ever-growing, and I'd be happy even to just get help on names of players/cards to put on the list. Eventually I want to just list every player needed to complete the set (like I have with the 1992 Topps set), but let me tell you, when I did it for the '92 set, it took probably close to a month, and I knew that set inside and out, so it was easier to know who was in it and who wasn't. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I do think that I can get the list updated, at least maybe from the '89 set up through the 2000's at least at some point.

I would like to thank Richard for his work. If anyone else wants to help make cards off of my list, I'll be happy to add them and post them. Every card made gets us a little closer to having a Topps set be officially complete.

Things are changing in my life right now. My wife and I are expecting our first child in mid-late November, we are (hopefully) moving into (and owning) a new house in the next month or so, and I don't know if I'll be able to update this blog as much as I have in the past. That isn't to say that I won't add new cards. Lately I have been updating my 2 blogs (I have another blog called Completing the 1992 Topps Set if you didn't know) during my lunch breaks at work, and I can usually get a post up during my lunch as long as the wifi is good. The making of new cards might just be slow, because I'm sure it's going to take a while to unpack everything in the new place, and I don't have any clue as to what things will be like with a baby, but I am excited. I will still be here making my '90's through the present Topps cards, and hopefully with friend like Richard and other custom card makers out there, every Topps set will be as complete as it can be.  Thanks for checking out the latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment