Friday, January 19, 2024

Vintage Topps pickups and my Rays rankings

 A few days ago I got an envelope from Kerry of Cards on Cards. He was wanting to get rid of some cards that didn’t fit his collection and I was able to add some vintage cards to my Ultimate Topps Project. 

The Aaron and Marichal Traded are probably my favorites, but you can’t beat a ‘68 Topps pickup or any Detroit Tigers additions. I always wonder if Neil Chrisley is related to Todd Chrisley. I forgot how we started watching the show, but we used to live watching Chrisley Knows Best when it was on and seeing all of the shenanigans the family got into. Thanks for the nice vintage Topps cards, Kerry. 

I finished uploading my Giants cards to TCDB, and instead of finishing up the NL and doing the Nats, I had the itch to see where my Rays numbers stacked up, and I uploaded all 5 of my Rays notebooks. 


According to the site, I am #5 on the Rays list and 6 on the Devil Rays list. I’m sure there are dealers and guys with tons of disposable income who are on the list, so getting #5 and 6 on the list isn’t too shabby. I am also #15 on the Evan Longoria list and 7 on Carl Crawford. Not too bad when I don’t actually collect these guys and have just accumulated cards of them. Next week, I’ll start the Nats and hopefully finish off the NL by the end of the week. 

There probably won’t be much posting until the end of the week as I’m off tomorrow, and then working 5 straight and off next Friday. The next posts should be good ones, as I pulled off a trade for a number of ‘82 Topps cards which will get me close to completing that set, and you never know when we’ll end up at Wal-Mart or Target, and if they have cards stocked, there’s a good chance I’ll pick something up. I better get to bed or I’ll end up sleeping my off day away. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Reaching the rank of #7 and #15 for two guys you don't actively collect is really impressive. I'd love to add my collection to TCDB to see where I fall on certain players... but time, motivation, and taking care of other hobby related things (like sorting, set building, and scanning) keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete