Thursday, January 11, 2024

2024 Topps Rob Manfred custom


Didn’t get as much time as I needed to work on this one today, but here is the 2024 Topps Rob Manfred custom. I don’t know when it happened, but MS Paint is completely different than what I was used to, with layers and new things that made this take hours to do instead of 45 minutes. The 2024 Topps design is different with the neon stuff. I definitely see elements of 2003 and 2004 with the baseball field and lines across the bottom. Even 2015 with the changing colors on the borders. Like a number of people, I’m not a fan of the neon. The curved lines are a nice change instead of a rectangle or slashes. The team name and logo is kind of redundant. Maybe a position name at the top and a number where the position abbreviation is would’ve worked better. Also, the space at the top right leaves not very much room for a team name like ‘Diamondbacks’. I feel like I’ll enjoy it better than 2023 and the double photo, but not as much as 2022, which was one of the best designs since 2014 and 2015. Before that, 2011 and 2012 were good, and 2006, 2008, and 2009. The only other set in the 2000’s I would consider good was 2001. My favorite stretch was probably from 1991-1998. 
I hope this years set has League Leader cards so we can celebrate the first Rays batting title. The way things are looking, that will be the only positive Rays moment this year. Go Tigers!  If the Rays won’t spend to get over the playoff exit jumps, why should I attend games and root for them?  Detroit will have a better shot if their GM (who I don’t think is all that good) will give up his analytic boner and just look at the stats on paper, he will find good players and we all know Detroits ownership will spend. 
As for the guy on the front of the card, I hope he gets caught up in some kind of illegal activity and is ousted before Spring Training. The game could look like a game of cricket combined with a celebrity softball game if Manfraud gets his hands on it fully (don’t forget to have your bets in before the 1st Inning, courtesy of DraftKings, Fanatics, and famous breaker BreakFlipThenGradeHitz4320). 
We’ll see if this post gets my custom at the top of the Google Image searches for 2024 Topps this year. 
Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy
 

2 comments:

  1. Not a fan of Manfred... so if he does get caught up in some illegal activity I won't shed any tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too much space between his head and the top border for my taste, but still a great job!

    ReplyDelete