Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas surprise package from Too Many Verlanders

A few months ago, I traded cards with Dennis from Too Many Verlanders.  It was a good trade, and I certainly didn't expect another package to come in the mail, but Dennis mailed a bunch of Christmas packages to bloggers, and I was one of the lucky ones to recieve one. Certainly didn't expect that, so thanks to Dennis and all of the other bloggers who generously mailed Christmas packages to other bloggers. 
My cards came inside a package of 1998 Pinnacle Inside, the first (and maybe only?) brand of trading cards to be sold inside of a can. The can has a (Devil) Rays logo, and a little bio about the franchise on it. 
Inside were some cool cards. I really like the 1998 SPx Boggs duo. I have never seen or pulled any Stat line cards from 2004 Donruss, and I know I busted at least 5 or so packs. The majority of the package were from the 2006 Topps Rays set, which I am very close to completing now. The last 4 cards shown are a Richie Shaffer jersey/auto from 2013 Bowman Platinum, a 2014 Topps Matt Joyce, a 2014 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor David Price card, and a 2016 Topps Triple Threads James Shields auto/jersey card. Awesome cards, Dennis. Thank you so much for sending them to me over the holidays.
Speaking of holidays, they are coming to a close, which for me and anyone else in the retail world, is very exciting. Things should start getting back into a routine, which means my posting should be a little less sporadic, and I should be getting more checklists and customs done. 

I have finished the 1955 Topps missing player checklist, and have just started on 1956. Only about 60 more to go. The 1951 checklist also has every template imaginable for the set, and I did a Honus Wagner 1951 Topps card as a coach. All of that is on the page. I hope to keep knocking checklists out in the coming months, as well as organize my Rays, Tigers, and Favorite Player Collection binders. I think I will wait until the end of January just because I have an Amazon gift card, and I might order some cards from them. 
I plan to do a good amount of drinking tomorrow night, since this will be the first New Year's Day I have had off in quite some time, and I think we should be getting a hotel pretty close to the beach and some bars in Daytona, so I am looking forward to that, and will be pretty happy to kick 2019 out the door and usher in 2020. I hope everyone stays safe no matter what they are doing tomorrow night.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. I opened a lot of the football and hockey Pinnacle Inside cans back in the day. Definitely a unique way to market cards. Enjoy your New Year's Eve. Lol. I'll be in bed by 10pm. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete