Sunday, November 24, 2019

Trade with Johnny's Trading Spot

I recently posted about trading, and that post has netted me a number of new trading partners. The most recent is John from Johnny's Trading Spot. John commented on the post I mentioned, wanting to dump some Rays on me, and I was more than happy to take him up on his offer. Yesterday, his package came in the mail, and I was excited to check out the contents. 

First up are cards for my Rays binder. I got a number of late '90's cards to help out some of the first Rays sets produced. Towards the bottom of the photo are some keepers from 2012 Topps and 2015 Heritage, which are 2 sets that I don't have many of, due to just not really buying packs at the time. 

More 2015 Heritage Rays, including a zero-year card of Grady Sizemore. The 2017 Topps Chrome Fish-Fractor of Jake Odorizzi is sweet!  In the middle are some Rays from a few random sets which I didn't have, and almost every Ray from the '19 Topps Update set.
The bottom row are guys from my Favorite Player binders, a 1998 Bowman and 1999 Topps Quinton McCracken, a '98 Finest Tony Saunders, and a '15 Topps Heritage Ben Zobrist.
I'm excited to add these cards to my binders. I have a few cards set aside to shoot back, but hope to go through my binders a little more thoroughly once the craziness of the holidays settle around a week from today. The next 3 days at work are going to be insane, but I'm just glad it's almost over, and as long as I can keep my blood sugar from going low and have enough caffeine, I think I can make some nice looking bread and rolls, and do it in record amounts.
I ordered some cards from COMC during the last few days, and hope to ship them when they have thier Black Friday sale. I'm thinking that with a few more trade packages coming in that I may have to re-organize some binders around the start of the year. That's going to be fun.
I worked on a few checklists today. I was able to finish the 1985 Topps Traded checklist, and finished everyone except for the Twins, Yankees, A's, Mariners, Rangers, and Blue Jays in 2017 Topps. It took about 4-5 hours. I think I can finish '17, '18, and '19 by the end of the year, and I'm running the possibility in my head about finishing 'Traded' checklists for each set. A few have them done, and they don't really take as long as a normal one. Many guys that do customs don't like to do them 'yearbook style', and if I make these extra checklists, most of the customs they do can cross cards off of my checklists. I think for years with Traded sets, I will add those cards to the Traded sets, and ones without it will be added to the regular sets. Stay tuned.
Thanks again, John for the trade. Expect your return package soon.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment