Friday, February 15, 2019

Down to the last 75

I have been working on the '84 Topps regular set as much as my schedule allows, and I have only the Yankees, A's, Mariners, Rangers, and Blue Jays left. Throw in a few highlight, postseason highlight, and checklist cards, and that is what I call a competed set once I get them done. All in all, I count about 75 cards that need to be made off of my master checklist. Is Tuesday afternoon an unrealistic goal? We'll see. If I can knock some out tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday afternoon, I don't think so at all. I guess it will all depend on if my son naps and for how long. The good news is that many of the cards are coach and highlight cards, which don't require that pesky 2nd photo. I will be glad when this set is put to rest. The only thing that could be worse is probably the 1954 design with 2 photos that you need to cut out, plus an autograph that needs to be added. That will be the final set I ever make. I'm looking forward to getting back to my 1993 Topps project once '84 is finished. That, and making some connecting '80's checklists (connecting my completed 1982-2001 checklists to the 1978 and 1979 ones I have completed).
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

1 comment: