Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Favorite Player Collection Part 14: 1994 Topps Draft Pick Darren Dreifort

So now that Mr. Oddball is at it, I have to be careful with which customs I post. I would hate to start posting customs with watermarks on them, so we shall see. After my last post, I haven't seen any of mine on his page after viewing 20 or so pages, so I think were safe, but I don't trust the guy further than I could throw someone. With that being said, here is one of my favorite players, Darren Dreifort. 
Darren was one of the top picks in the '93 MLB Draft, and I thought he would be a great closer for the Dodgers, but he ended up being a starter for them, and had a few good years until he had arm troubles. He was left out of the 1994 set, even though he got '91 and '92 Topps Traded Team USA cards, and a 1994 Topps Golden Spikes Award card. Darren appeared in most Topps sets throughout his career, and I have most of them. I have him in my Favorite Player Collection just because I thought he would've dominated as a closer and I just thought he was larger than life when he was first drafted. I have his '92 Topps Traded Gold card, a Pacific Private Stock Game-Used Bat card, and a Upper Deck SP Chirography Autographed card as highlights in my collection. 

I've finished the 1983 Topps checklist, and it is up on the page, and just have a few more NL teams, and then most of the AL teams to make cards for. I'll be finishing that in the next few weeks/months, and then plan to work on the '98, '96, and '00 Topps checklists, before doing the '88, 87, and '86 Topps sets. Thanks for checking out my latest custom.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment