Friday, June 10, 2016

Favorite Player Collection Part 9: 1999 Topps Jason Johnson

Jason Johnson doesn't have many cards in Topps sets, even though he pitched from 1997-2008 (spending 2007 in the minors).  He only appeared in the 2003-2005 sets. He is one of my favorite players because he, like me, is a Type 1 Diabetic, and was the first player to wear an insulin pump on the field. I really wish there was a jersey card of him because I would love to add it to my pc, as well as an autograph or two.

I featured him on a post a few months ago featuring his 1998 Topps card.
I will probably try to give him a complete run of Topps card, and I'm off to a good start knocking 2 of his first 3 cards out. Like the '98 Topps that I did, his 1999 card has foil that's hard to see because of darkness in the background. I should've switched photos for both cards, but I'm happy with the cards the way they are. 

This card marks the last card of the '98 Rays team that I will post for a while. I still have about 10 more cards to make to complete the project, but I have been working on some Draft Pick and Prospect cards lately, so the Rays project has been on hold for a little bit. The next post will be a card that I'm surprised nobody has made yet, as it features a Hall of Fame pitcher in his final season. Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment