Wednesday, April 29, 2015

1992 Topps Dick Pole




Dick Pole's 1992 Topps card is modeled after his card I made for my other blog, Completing the 1992 Topps set. For the coach cards in the '92 set, I put team leaders on the backs, as well as a team checklist, since Topps stopped doing the team leaders on the backs after 1991. The 1992 Topps checklists name off the team checklists, but since I am adding cards to the set, I felt the need to put the complete team checklists on the back of the coach cards, and to do the checklists in the set with a normal numerical list.

Pole's Cubs had a down season in 1991, and the Pittsburgh Pirates won the NL East. It would be Dick's last season with the Cubs, and he would go on to coach the San Francisco Giants starting in 1993. Thanks for checking out the 4th card in the Dick Pole Project.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment