Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Idea for a new project

I haven't posted on this blog in a while, choosing to work on my 1992 Topps project, but while working on it, I came up with a new project to do on this blog. While making coach cards for the Chicago Cubs in my 1992 Topps project, I made one for Cubs coach Dick Pole. Pole pitched in the Majors from '74-'79, but is missing 1979 and 1980 Topps cards. He didn't get any cards during his coaching career, aside from the 1992 Topps card I made and a 2003 Topps card done by John Hogan. Pole has been a subject of many blog posts and is a favorite of baseball fans because of his funny name. I have been wanting to make a few more cards on this blog, but most of the ones in the current series just don't seem as appealing as they did when I first made the checklist. So I think I'm just going to make the cards on the checklist that I do want to make and for the ones that I dont, I think I will try to make all of Mr. Pole's missing cards to fill them in. Thanks for checking out my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment