Monday, March 16, 2015

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Usain Bolt




I haven't posted in a while for a few reasons. First is me and my wife are moving, so that has taken up a good chunk of my free time. Second is that I have been working on my other blog Completing the 1992 Topps set, and that has taken up most of the rest of the time. I probably will post more on the 1992 Topps blog, as I am working on getting at least fronts done on the cards, and that just has my interest right now. 3rd reason is that I usually only work on making customs when I'm at the house and my wife is at work. When she is home, I enjoy spending time with her doing whatever, so I put the custom cards on the back burner, and if most everything is cleaned/in order at the house and I'm by myself, I will work on customs.

With that being said, I made todays custom just to give my readers something to look at that's fresh and new and to let people know I haven't completely forgot about this blog. Usain Bolt was pretty popular in 2008 and 2009, and I'm surprised that he didn't make an appearance in the Allen & Ginter sets in those years. I haven't opened a pack of Allen & Ginter since probably 2011, so I may be wrong, and he could be in one of the sets after that, but I feel that he should've got a card during the height of his popularity. Here is my attempt at a 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Usain Bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment