Thursday, February 12, 2015

1996 Topps Dave Stewart




This Dave Stewart sunset card is one that I can actually say I'm a little proud of. Most of my customs I make with MS Paint, but I do have GIMP 2, and I have been fooling around with some things on it, and I really like the results. I still do the majority of the work on Paint, but GIMP really helps with rotating pictures/text, and blending colors. If you look at my other 1996 Topps card that I did, (a Dave Winfield sunset card), you can see a few changes. On the Winfield, I didn't blend the colors behind his name, and on the Stewart, I did, and I think it looks a whole lot better. I also didn't outline the whole name/picture box, and I like that better as well.

Topps made a card for "Smoke" in their 1994 set and 1995 Traded set, but not in the 1996 set. Stewart put up some good numbers as soon as he was in Oakland, and won a World Series with them in 1989 and another with the Blue Jays in 1993. He is now the Arizona Diamondbacks GM.

One final note, I am in the process of making a page on my blog trying to list all of the custom Topps cards ever made (by myself and other bloggers). I am doing this in hopes of maybe one day banding together with other bloggers (and maybe perhaps inspire Topps) and creating an official set of "Cards that never Were). I am listing the cards in order by year, and am going to try to put links of pictures of the cards, and also crediting the custom card makers who made them. I will also list cards that myself and others have ideas of making that haven't been made yet. I have some cards (and links) from the 1951 and 1952 Topps sets up, and I'll probably start with the 1980 Topps set and work my way to the present, and then fill in the holes. If you see any cards that I am missing, would like to help with this project, or for some reason you see a card you made and don't want it listed, please feel free to email me or leave a comment. I hope this project generates some interest in making an offical Topps "Cards that never Were" set. Thanks for checking out my post.

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment