Sunday, February 5, 2012

Favorite Player: Barry Lyons


In the summer of 2017, my wife, son, and I drove from DeLand, Florida to Dallas Texas to go visit my Mom and one of my sisters. On the way, we stopped in Biloxi, MS because my wife is from there, and also to go drop off some Barry Lyons cards at the annual Biloxi Shuckers kids baseball camp. I was doing some research for customs, and somehow stumbled upon an article about the camp. I got all of the Lyons cards I had, made a few customs, and brought them with me on the trip. We got to the stadium, and I got to go down through the dugout, into the tunnel, and to the indoor batting cage where Barry was speaking. It was the first time I had ever been in a tunnel of a pro sports team. After Barry was done talking, I gave him the cards to hand out to the kids, and he was nice enough to sign some customs for me and I gave him some to keep. He was impressed with the White Sox photo (there aren't any I could find and I had to photoshop it). If you have any Barry Lyons cards you would like for him to pass out at next year's camp, you can send them to the Biloxi Shuckers at PO Box 173 Biloxi, MS 39533

BARRY LYONS CARDS I HAVE:
1987 Topps Traded
1988 Fleer
1988 Score
1988 Topps
1989 Donruss
1989 Score
1989 Topps
1990 Donruss
1990 Fleer
1990 Leaf
1990 Topps
1990 Topps Traded custom (ip auto)
1990 Upper Deck
1991 Topps custom (ip auto)
1991 Topps Traded custom (ip auto)
1992 Topps custom (ip auto)
1996 Topps custom (ip auto)

No comments:

Post a Comment