Friday, August 18, 2023

Another blaster of 2022 Bowman Platinum

 Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart to refill the fridge, and I got my hands on a blaster of 2022 Bowman Platinum. I was hoping for the ‘23 Topps complete set, but was happy they had an option other than ‘23 Topps Series 2 or the Allen & Ginter, Gallery, and Archives discount boxes that have been collecting dust for a month or two. Plus, they were only 17 bucks, so when you add that to the fact that the other stuff didn't appeal to me and all of the shiny, it was really a no-brainer. 
I did like I have been doing alot lately and put the cards in my 'ready to put in binders' box before I took pictures, but I did pull out most of the rookies, I believe. I do know that there were no Rays, Tigers, or favorite players. I know for sure that the Suzuki insert, the Ramos, Sheets, and Gore cards are rookies, but I can never tell with the prospects. In Bowman, they have the 1st Bowman card so you know it's a rookie. In Bowman Platinum, they don't. I would love for that Henry Davis card to be a rookie, as well as that Green Ice of Trey Sweeney, but I just don't know. I believe Davis was drafted a year or so ago, so I don't think the Ice parallel of him is a rookie, but it's still a sweet card. No clue if the George Feliz Ice parallel is a rookie either, as well as the Jordan Lawlar insert. I'm just not a 'prospector' person or a guy who follows the minors that close. Card companies need to do that with all cards of guys that aren't in the Majors yet. I had the same problem with some 2023 Donruss I got a few weeks ago. 
The Green Ice (or whatever the heck it is called) parallel was a nice pull, even if it was a Yankee. I did get 2 other regular Ice parallels that are set aside for 2 trading partners, as well as a Bobby Witt, Jr. rookie that I didn’t take a picture of (I promise I really did get one). The Green Ice card was numbered to 299, and that was the 2nd numbered parallel I pulled from ‘22 Bowman Platinum this year, the first being a Mike Trout Pink (?) numbered to 199. 

I was off today and was able to sort out all of the AL cards from that lot that John gave me, and now they are all grouped by teams, probably 500-700 cards each. I’ll organize them by year for each team next and then get all the Topps cards logged into TCDB. There’s a small chance that all my Topps cards could be in the site by the end of the year and that I’ll have wantlists posted on here. I have another off day on Tuesday, so we’ll see how far I get with the overrated Orioles and Red Sox. 

Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

3 comments:

  1. I got a $17 blaster of this at Wal-Mart too. Only opened a couple of packs so far. First card was a Met--Nick Plummer, who is out of baseball after hitting .138 in 14 games, but it's my team! Got a decent Yadi parallel so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping Target will eventually get the $17 blasters because those are a real good deal.

    ReplyDelete