Sunday, August 6, 2023

2023 Topps Chrome Blaster

 Yesterday we went to a dinosaur themed kids event in Daytona after work. It was cool and Kyler enjoyed it. Before going home, we needed a few things so we stopped at Target. They didn’t have the 2023 Topps complete sets, but they had Heritage, Series 2, and Chrome. I chose a box of Chrome, and hoped it wouldn’t break the bank. 
It was 30 bucks or so, which is probably expensive enough to have me rethink getting another blaster. 

The blaster was pretty good for me as far as teams I collect. Pulled a card of Shane McClanahan (who I wish I could get an update on. If he’s out for the season, just tell us Rays fan so we can start printing the Wild Card Champion banner), and a Sepia Refractor of Drew Rasmussen (another Ray on the injured list. Stop focusing on spin rate!!!!!). The Tigers were nice as well, as I got a card of Javier Baez and a Riley Greene rookie. The refractors were nice. I found what I believe is a Negative Refractor of Anthony Rendon, Pink ones of Nick Castellanos and Manny Machado (ewww!  That will be trade bait!). The Prism-Fractor is former Ray prospect Joe Ryan (who was traded for a 2-month rental of ‘roider Nelson Cruz). I got 2 regular Refractors, those being Christian Yelich and Jose Miranda. The 2nd of my 2 promised Sepia-Fractor was Edwin Diaz. I did get a noteable rookie card (Michael Harris), but forgot to take a picture. 
Overall, I’m happy with it. I was wondering what the design would look like all Chromed out. I think it emphasizes the design elements on the white borders. 
Hopefully I’ll find the complete set on the shelves soon and get that into my box of cards to put into binders soon. If any of the refractors look interesting to you, let me know. 
Thanks for taking the time to read my latest post. 
-Jeremy

4 comments:

  1. You're lucky, I was just in my local Target yesterday and they didn't have any Topps Chrome blasters.

    Heck, they didn't have any baseball products at all :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those negative refractors are the ugliest things Topps has created in a long time. I think I'm pretty much over Chrome, maybe others are, too, which is why Topps is creating a bunch of off-shoot chrome products (Cosmic, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a post in a week or two about this years Chrome. What matters is that you ripped and wasn't bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real bummed that blasters are $30 now. I used to get a blaster of Chrome and others just to say I have some. Now I can't justify the price.

    ReplyDelete