Friday, August 7, 2020

BBA: Make 2021 Topps Better

A few days ago, Cards that Never Were submitted a Blog Bat-Around encouraging readers to make 2021 Topps better. While I don't mind how the design came out, I decided to give it a try. My card has been almost 20 years in the making, as I came up with the whole diamond picture box in the corner thing sometime in high school and have revised things over the years.

There are the 2 together so you can compare.
This design I came up with used to have the postition at the top corner in a small diamond shape, and the logo was just above where the one is now. I had the idea to notate someone who was an all-star where the yellow strip at the bottom was, and I changed it out to put the position there as well as the team logo. You can see some (really basic) earlier editions of this card at the Custom Card Blog.

I hope you enjoy this take on 2021 Topps. I feel it is still similar enough to the original design with the slashiness of the design.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy


6 comments:

  1. I like it. I might make the edges of the pic in the lower right line up with the edges of the borders on the right and bottom of the card, seems more symmetrical. But still nice. Has a little callback to 83 and 84 topps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly wouldn't mind have two photos on the front of flagship again. I suppose with the sheer quantity of product they put out, it's not likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. an improvement! 2021 looks too much like Donruss. Wonder what Panini will steal to get even? Oh the anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better. Not a fan of the 2021 design unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Like Brett, I love the addition of the close up photo.

    ReplyDelete