Thursday, August 27, 2020

2021 Topps sell sheets and a preview of the backs

Well, this is the post you've been waiting for, and the one I've been wanting to do for a while now. The one where I do a mock up of the 2021 Topps back design. While I've been wanting to do it for a while, it looks like Topps has beat me to it, and has also released a few more sell sheets. I'll save the one with the back till the end. Let's take a look.
You might have to zoom in on these to get a better look. It looks like they did take my idea of doing a Cyberstats reincarnation for the 2021 set. I like how they stayed true to the look of the '95 set, and it will be nice to get a little foil on a card. I think I'm going to go for the whole set of these. I just hope the Yankee$ didn't win the title in the sim.

 Now these aren't my cup of tea. I've never been a fan of Topps Now, and do we really need to see a picture of some dude going grocery shopping or getting his oil changed or taking a shower? A littel unneccessary, Topps.
 This is an interesting concept. I think I would collect as many of these cards as I could in hopes of getting a winning number. What worries me is how if there were zero games played, would their even be a 2022 Topps set to recieve a free pack from? Well played, Topps. I wish they would've added some special bonus logo stamp if you pulled the World Series winning teams' card with the correct number of games.
 Now these cards are another insert that I would just trash. I never liked the Topps Project 2020 to begin with. Too many lame artists and too few with actual talent. I am impressed that it looks like they got some better talent coming for the 2021 set. Let's hope that Joey can beat Keith Shore for the love of all things good.
Now here's what I am talking about! The backs! It was pretty similar to what I would've figured. More social media crap, less real stats, no full career stats, crap bio section, and easier to tell if you got the money card (I mean SP). Not very good, but do we even have a choice?

Well, I didn't get to make my version of a 2021 Topps back, but maybe I'll be quicker for the 2022 set.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I can believe that they'd make a card of a barfing dog, but there's no simulation divorced from reality enough to think that Jacob deGrom could win 23 games in a season! He could strike out every batter he faced, and the Mets would still find away to get him no decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. I should’ve been a little more conservative with the Wins!

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! I love checking out Topps flagship sell sheets and these are spot on, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping some of these pictures somehow end up high enough on a google search that someone confuses them for the real thing. What’s the worst that Topps can do? Make me take them down?

      Delete
  3. good fun! I love the idea of you stirring up a little trouble.

    ReplyDelete