Thursday, July 18, 2019

Compilation of '69 Topps Pilots

A few days ago on the Facebook Custom Cards Group Page, one of the members posted all of the Seattle Pilots customs they had made. I had worked on the 1969 Topps missing player checklist, and had wondered if I could locate customs of all of the missing Pilots cards in the '69 Topps set. After some editing and searching, I was able to locate custom 1969 Topps cards of every missing Seattle Pilot. Most of those were done by David and Lynn in the FB Group, and I edited one or two. There may be some that were made by others, and if they are yours, let me know and I will give you credit. Here are all of the missing 1969 Topps Seattle Pilots cards.





































The Seattle Pilots are a popular team among collectors, and I am happy that all of the original '69 team now have '69 Topps cards.

On another note, about a week ago, a new baseball card shop opened where I live. It is maybe a 2 minute drive from my house. They didn't have much inventory yet, but they had about 12 500-count boxes of 20 for $1 cards. Most of them were like '89 Topps, '91 Donruss, and '87 Topps, but there were a few from newer sets, and there was a box of '89 Fleer that I pulled a Griffey rookie from. I'll probably go back and try to pull out some cards from the '89 Fleer box (I forgot about the Billy Ripken card). It was a nice surprise, and I'll try to take pictures next time I'm in and do a nice post about it. I really hope the business does well and it stays open.
That's about it for me. The '62 Topps missing player checklist is done, and I'm working on the '61 one.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

6 comments:

  1. Great Pilots cards!
    What's missing is a pre-season card of Lou Piniella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a few ‘69 Pilots Piniella cards out there, but I never seen him on the ‘69 Pilots roster. I’m sure I could add it to the checklist as sometimes Topps had rookie prospects on single cards. Perhaps I could do a 2-player rookie card with Piniella on it.

      Delete
  2. In "Ball Four", it says that Piniella let everyone know if he wasn't going to make the team, they should trade him because he wasn't going back to the minors.

    So he was traded to the Royals, and went on to win the ROY. The first of many blunders by Pilots' management.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the post! You did a lot of research, and I’m glad you put the names of the guys who were traded before they played any games. I think I’ll need to add customs of guys who were drafted in the Expansion Draft, even if they never appeared as a Pilot.

      Delete