Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Trade with CMMDTO

A few weeks ago, I found out about the Cards My Mom Didn't Throw Out blog. I immediately loved it. I loved the posts about '90's inserts, and was drawn to all of the '90's and '00's cards, which are right up my alley, since that was when I did the majority of my pack purchasing over my lifetime. 
I recently contacted Jared in hopes of getting a trade going, and he didn't disappoint. He hooked me up with a bunch of awesome Rays/Devil Rays, Tigers, and guys in my Favorite Player Collection. I got some sweet Rays cards. I have 2 binders worth of Rays cards in my collection right now, and the majority of cards in the binders are Topps ones. I don't have too many Bowman, Bowman Chrome, or Topps Chrome cards in there, as well as most anything from 2012-2014. Jared certainly helped out in all of those areas. I also got some nice refractors/parallels, a Jeff Ames autograph, and an Evan Longoria relic card. 

I got some nice Tigers to add to their binders. The Cobb is a 1st Day Issue.
Finally, I got some nice cards of Jack Cust, Dee Gordon, Chipper Jones, Corey Kluber, Quinton McCracken, Chris Sale, Tony Saunders, Max Scherzer, and Ben Zobrist cards for my Favorite Player binders. 


Thanks for the awesome cards, Jared. Your package got placed in the mail this morning.

Jared wasn't the only one to get a package from me placed in the mail today. I also have one for P-Town Tom and the 1,000,000 Cubs Project. Between dropping my son off to day care, stopping at the post office, and mowing the lawn this morning, I'm pooped. These temperatures in central Florida are no joke! 
I recently finished organizing my Mariners binders, leaving me with just the Rangers and Blue Jays before getting to the fun ones. I'm hoping to have a few trade packages come in the mail by the time those 2 teams are done, as well as some things I got on eBay recently. I had about 30 bucks in PayPal after doing some work for a friend, and also had a 5 dollar off eBay coupon. I used it to order 2 Steve Pearce 2019 Heritage cards (base and World Series Highlights), 9 Topps Rays team sets (2010-2018), and the really cool thing, a 1998 Topps contract for Rafael Bournigal. Raffy is one of my favorite players, and I've always wanted to own one of the contracts, and this one is a sweet piece for my Rafael Bournigal collection. As soon as I get to putting new cards into my Favorite Player binders, I will take new updated pictures of them, and update each players page. I also hope to add at least my favorite players and my Rays and Tigers to my TradingCardDB inventory. I haven't done too much with the site, but I believe it will be a good way to catergorize my cards for easy tracking.
I have also updated the 2018 Topps checklist and added the missing Tigers and Rays. This brings the entire Rays franchise up to date, and give you every Tiger to need a Topps card since Topps started making sets in 1951. I have also finished the '66 Topps missing players, so I just have to start on the '65 set, get '64 done, and finish off  '51 to finish the 1951-52 and 1964-2001 Topps missing players. Perhaps with some cajoling, I could be persuaded to do '53-'63, but I will leave that up to other people if I don't do them.  Some of these projects are getting close to being finished, and I am super excited about all of the cool new cards I am getting. Might just make this whole not getting retail thing doable.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, we don't often see oodles of Tampa Bay Rays cards in these here parts of the blogosphere, lol. It's especially nice seeing those Topps flagship Rays. Congrats on some nice pickups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you. While I mainly try to show off customs on my blog, I also like to highlight my collection of regular cards, and I am proud to collect the Rays, as I have been going to Rays games since they became a franchise in 1998. I hope to show off more Rays in the coming weeks.

      Delete