Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A package from Night Owl and an eBay pickup

Despite getting a late start to today, I was able to finish getting my last 2 non-Tigers/Rays/PC/various parts to my main collection team binders organized, and was able to go through some nice cards that I received in the mail yesterday. 
I was expecting the first envelope, which were some Steve Pearce 2019 Heritage cards that I won off of eBay recently (they are shown at the bottom of the post). The second envelope, I was not expecting, and just shows the immense kindness of the blogging community. 
If I remember correctly, I have traded with Greg from Night Owl Cards a few times before, mostly sending him some needed Dodgers and customs for Rays/Tigers/PC guys. I really thought that we were even after the last trade, but he decided to send me a bubble mailer stuffed with the same, Rays, Tigers, and guys for my Favorite Player Collection binder.  It was a nice gesture, especially with all of the stuff that has going on recently with his mothers illness, and it was definitely something I wasn't expecting, regardless. I got 8 Rays that I needed for my binder, including some for the very barren 2012-2013 years. 










The Tigers brought back great memories. I have met Hiller and Horton before, as well as Munson, and got autographs from them multiple times. I love the Hiller, because it was taken in the bullpen along the right-field stands in Joker Marchant Stadium, Spring Training home of the Detroit Tigers, and a ballpark I had been to at least 100 games at. Greg must've been paying attention to my blog posts, because I have mentioned before that I lived in Lakeland, Florida for almost 2 decades, and he found me some Lakeland Tiger minor league cards. I wish I would've been a little older when I first started to go to Lakeland games and got autographs. John Lipon was a legend, and I could've probably easily got his before he stopped coaching after 1992, and ultimately passed away in 1998. 
The guys for my PC were a good mixture of Hall of Famers, stars, and guys who I thought would be stars, and never really did, with Blyleven, Dreifort, Gordon, and Garcia. That Pinnacle Aficianado set was really cool back in the '90's with the holofoil and different textures. I'll have to track down more cards from that set. 


Thank you for the amazing cards, Greg. I wish you smooth sailing these next few weeks, and hopefully you can get back to some kind of normalcy, and I hope reading my blog can be a part of it.

The Pearce cards were part of a few eBay purchases I made on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I ordered a lot of Rays Topps sets from 2010-2018, and the Rafael Bournigal signed 1998 Topps contract. Those both came at the end of last week, sooner than expected. The Pearce cards were supposed to be buy one get one free, I think I ended up paying for both, and they were supposed to arrive in the mailbox on Friday, but didn't get there until Monday. Wish they would've communicated a little better about why I had to pay for both, and why they took an extra day or two to ship. At least they arrived safe and sound.

Now that all of my non-fun binders are organized, I think it will be a little bit of a waiting game. I really want to start organizing my Tigers and Rays binders next, but I have 2 packages of cards coming in the next few weeks from trades and such. I figure if they come by the end of the month, that I might want to hold off to organize since my birthday is in the middle of June, and I may very well get some cards then as well. I think I'll just wait until I get the packages, and start the Tigers binder. If I do get cards, they should be '18 or '19 ones, so they won't be that difficult to put into their proper spots. Before I do that, though, I am going to go through all of my Yankees cards and pick out all of the PC cards. The Yankees will be the very last group of cards I attempt to put into pages and binders, as they are the source of all things bad in baseball.

My 1965 Topps missing player checklist is coming along. I have all of the NL done, and will be working on the AL when I finish this post. I expect to finish that set in the next day or two, and then just 1964 and 1951, and I will start working on making customs again, perhaps doing some of my favorite players missing cards, as well as finishing the 1993 Topps set.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy


No comments:

Post a Comment