Sunday, October 6, 2019

Trade with The Buc Stops Here

I recently discovered the Buc Stops Here blog, and was really impressed by Nate and all of the cool Pirates card he is collecting. I also like looking at his box breaks. I am trying not to crack so much wax, so it is nice seeing what is in some of the newer products. 
I e-mailed Nate a few weeks ago, and we got a nice trade started. He hooked me up with some nice Tigers cards, Rays cards, and guys for my Favorite Player Collection

I got a slew of Topps Tiger cards, which came from some years where I purchased less than 10 packs of the flagship set the entire year. These will help fill in holes in a number of Topps sets. 

Nate was happy to hook me up with some Rays, and he got me some nice ones. The Myers Chrome rookie is sweet!  That card was very hot when it first came out. When I first saw the Canseco Allen & Ginter, I wasn't expecting him to be pictured as a Ray on the front. Glad Topps is making some good decisions and putting Rays photos in sets when it would've been easier to show Canseco as an Oakland A. The Rays don't get many cards in sets, and they aren't that popular, so it is nice to be the 'Rays guy' for many bloggers. You can dump as many Rays cards on me as you got. I'll take 'em.

My player collections got some nice additions. I am now close to having a rainbow of Brandon Inge's 2013 Topps card.

I got a number of parallels, including a sweet 2011 Topps Diamond Sparkle card of my former classmate Steve Pearce. Next to it is a 2014 Topps Wal-Mart Blue parallel and a Gold Sparkle 2012 Topps Laynce Nix. I got some nice Jacob deGrom cards, including 2 reprint cards, and I now have 3 Topps Chrome cards of Jameson Taillon (3 years in a row. 2017, 2018, and 2019). 
Thanks, Nate, for the great trade. I will keep my eye out for Pirates cards at future shows and card shop trips.

Things are finally starting to get back to normal with me and my family. Work is going to be crazy in less than 2 months, but I think getting back into a routine unti then will be good for all of us.
I have also been able to get back on some projects that have been pushed to the back burner. Today, I finished the missing player checklist of the 2005 Topps set. That leaves 13 more sets until I'm caught up to Topps. This can probably be accomplished sometime in 2020.
I have also done a few posts on my other blog, Completing the 1992 Topps Set. If you haven't ever been to it, I have made custom cards for every missing player in the 1992 Topps set. On the blog, I am going through each card, and telling info about it, I look at the players career, and figure out how many other Topps cards they are missing. Check it out if that interests you.
On that note, Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown is doing another blog which is run along the same lines. He is going through the 1991 Pro Set SuperStars MusiCards set one by one. Here is the link to his new blog so you can check out all of the cool cards from that set.

I am hoping to work some on the 2006 Topps checklist and maybe do a few 1985 Topps customs this week. I am also thinking about working some on making templates for some sets after all of the checklists are done. 2020 is going to be a fun year.

Lastly, a  music note: I had the honor of leading worship at our church for the first time this morning. I think it went ok, but even so, it was a great opportunity and I feel like it could lead to more responsibility. I HATE responsibility and dread having to do more tasks at my work, but it is different with music. I want to have the pressure and responsibility and all of the tasks and whatnot that leading worship entails. As for the band thing, Joe, the guy who wants to get something going, is out of  town for the next week or so, and I had a number of things to do this week, but I think definitely in a week or so, we could get together and see what happens and what ideas come about. With that being said, I'm a little nervous. I have been in a number of bands. I have been in a number of bands with guys named Joe and Nick. All of these bands had potential, but broke up because of some issue with Joe or Nick. Nick #1 got a girl pregnant and moved to Kentucky. Nick #2 had an issue with his girlfriend and ran off to Sout Carolina. Nick #3 just went crazy and moved to Texas to try out for WWF wrestling and took my digital piano, keyboard amp, and dual stand. Joe #1 up and left and moved to Kentucky. Joe #2 didn't have any issues, but was just a casualty of being in a band where the lead singer was a recovering drug user who got back on the wagon. I guess bands with Nick's or Joe's don't work well for me, but I trust this new Joe and would love to hear what he can do on the guitar. If anything happens, I will have a site up with the music.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for plugging the new MusiCards blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, awesome post, glad you enjoyed all the cards. I had a blast putting these together for you. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

    ReplyDelete