Sunday, October 28, 2018

Working on '78 Topps and such

Just a reminder to anyone who cares, in my last post, I announced a contest where the prize is 3 custom cards off of my checklists. I will have up to 5 winners, and all you need to do to enter is leave a comment on the post.

I have been trying to work on making some checklists during my lunch break at work. Currently, I am working on the 1978 Topps checklist. I have finished the missing players for the entire National League, and am working on the American League now. The checklists aren't that hard, since Topps actually put most of the 40-man rosters on cards in the '70's. After the '78 checklist is finished, I will work on the '77 set, then '76, '75, and so on until the '70's are finished.

The templates are a work in progress. So far, I have '78's for the Braves and Tigers. I've found that Topps has made several designs for '70's sets on their custom page, but they aren't totally true to the original designs (only one color design, for instance), and just as a rule, if you are trying to help cross some cards off of my list by making them, I probably won't use any that have the Topps templates, unless they match the colors of the teams that are on the original cards. With that being said, I will try my best to make templates for the sets. I am working on putting my loose baseball cards into binders, and in a few months once that is done, I will have some free time available to make checklists and templates with.

Here is the link to the '78 set, along with the templates that I have, and just for a treat, here are the 2 '78's I've done so far. The Tigers ones are done by Giovanni from When Topps Had Balls.






Finally, here is a link to an awesome post that my friend Beny made with a list (and pictures!!!!) of most of the fonts from every Topps set from 1951 to the present. It is so awesome, and has allowed me and others to make customs that are almost spot-on to the real cards. Beny put a ton of work into the page, and I wish there was a Go Fund Me page or something to thank him for doing the font page.

Hope you enjoy the '78 page. Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

2 comments: