Friday, September 14, 2018

Package from Baseball Card Breakdown

A while back, I had sent Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown a few cards that he needed for the 1982 Topps set. I didn't expect anything in return for such a small mailing, but he came through above and beyond yesterday when a nice bubble mailer showed up in my mailbox full of Rays cards and other goodies.

 First up are a ton of Rays cards. I have a number of Rays cards from purchasing packs and singles over the years, and I am happy to say that not only did I get many cards from sets I had never had before (like '13 Pinnacle and some of the Topps non-flagship sets), but I also got a crapload of cards that I actually need. There might be 1 or 2 that are dupes, if that. I would also like to mention that Gavin included a few refractors and autographed cards. What a guy!
 Next up are some nice cards of guys in my Favorite Player Collection. I got a '99 Pacific Prism Rolando Arrojo, an '08 Bowman Chrome Justin Ruggiano, and a '10 Topps Opening Day Blue Ben Zobrist. On the right is an '81 Donruss custom of Mike Reinbach that Gavin made. Having a blog dedicated almost entirely to customs, I am happy to have a custom that someone else made in my collection.
Finally, on the back of the note Gavin added with the cards was this '90 Fleer inspired Cody Bellinger/Aaron Judge custom. I think I am going to cut this one out and add it to my Dodgers binder.

Speaking of binders, I have been going through the 3 boxes of cards I purchased a week or so ago in hopes of putting all of those cards, as well as my other loose cards, in binders. I am almost halfway done (finishing up the Giants and Expos/Nationals in the NL) with sorting the cards, and then on to the arduous project of putting them in binders. It has taken a while, but has been fun getting to sort them after work each day. I think I will be able to put a big dent in them next Tuesday (or whichever day they give me off at work besides Sunday. We have a new manager at work, and in spite of a few hiccups, I think it is a good thing).
My '98 Topps custom set is coming along. Still muddling through the Twins, and making progress. There is still a chance at finishing it before the end of the year, but it will depend on how I do with these cards getting organized.
Thanks for the nice cards Gavin, and thank you for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. A. Gavin's customs rule!

    B. Your post reminded me that I really need to start my next binder project.

    C. Glad to hear your new manager is a good thing. I've got a new principal this years and she's been pretty good herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like! The Rays section of my trade box was getting a bit bloated, so it's nice to thin them out on someone who could use them.

    The Cody Bellinger/Aaron Judge partial-custom is a reject from when my printer was running out of ink that I used as scratch paper. Remind me next time we trade and I can throw in a "real" one for you.

    ReplyDelete