Tuesday, September 18, 2018

1998 Topps #1051-1100

Here are the next 50 cards in the 1998 Topps set.

















 Rickey Henderson by Richard































Some nice cards of some good teams in the late '90's. The Padres won the NL Championship in 1998, and the Giants won the NL West in 1997.
As far as making customs, I finished the Minnesota Twins, and am now left with just the missing guys from the Milwaukee Brewers, New York Yankees, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, and Toronto Blue Jays to finish my 1998 Topps set. The tricky thing is going to be finding images from the correct time period for many of the teams. The Brewers had that 'MB' alphabet soup logo thing going on in '97. The Mariners had that 'S' with the star behind it, which could make the coaches difficult. The Rangers had a relatively new logo, like the Mariners, so again, the coaches could be difficult. Finally, the Blue Jays had that big leafy logo going on, which will make finding images challenging. Less than 200 cards left, though. I have a feeling that once the '98 set is done, that I will start on the 1993 Topps set, so I can fill in the gap between the 1992 and 1994 sets. Then maybe 1991? Perhaps I will put those 2 sets up for a vote or something.
I have officially crossed the halfway point with my card sorting, and have reached the AL cards in my 3 boxes that I am sorting. I hope to finish that in a month or so, and then go on to the process of getting all of the loose cards into binders. I have about a half a box of doubles right now, so maybe once this whole process is done, I can help you guys finish off some sets or add to your player collections. I have a ton of '87-'91 Topps, '89 and '90 Donruss, '97 Collector's Choice, '96 and '97 Score, and '96-'97 Fleer doubles from the box. Combined with my other box and a half or so of doubles that I have (with mostly '92 Topps and '15-now Topps cards), I have a good amount of extra cards I don't really have any use for, so hit me up if you are working on any of those sets, and although it will probably take  a few months, I can probably get something for you from those sets.
Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment