Friday, November 17, 2017

A new "Update" to my want list

I don't know about everyone else, but I have really loved some of the cards in the 2017 Topps Update series. Although most are for personal reasons, I think that the set should get more love than it has been getting.

The rookie debut cards seem like the same thing that people have been getting during the last few years. When I open a pack of cards, if I get a card of a hot rookie, I usually put it aside in another pile, and put it into my 'rookie binder' when I get enough cards to justify reorganizing them. While looking in my pile of cards to put into that binder the other day, I noticed a 2016 Topps Update Corey Seager rookie debut card. He made his rookie debut on September 3, 2015 according to the card. Nobody was complaining that he didn't get into the 2015 Topps Update set. Why is everyone complaining now that the 2017 set contains some 2016 debuts??  I'm ok with getting the debut cards since they are new-to-me cards and they are better than getting no sort of debut cards like we did from 1993-2005, and again from 2008 until whenever Topps started making the rookie debut cards. If you don't count the 2006-2007 Topps '52 rookies set, then it's a few years more.

I'm also ok with the player selection. There are Rays and Tigers which I don't have, a few all-star cards of guys I collect, like Kluber, Sale, and Scherzer, and there are random scrub guys who have changed teams who get into the set who I enjoy seeing cards of.

The main reason for this post is the one card in 2017 Topps Update which is the card of all cards for me, card #US194, Derek Fisher Rookie Debut.
Image result for 2017 topps update derek fisher
I was actually at this game in Houston. Derek made his MLB debut, and got his first 2 MLB hits in the same inning, the first of which was a Home Run that a guy a section over and maybe a row or two down caught the ball of. It was a tremendous game where the Astros batted around, on top of that, it was my 34th birthday, it was a new stadium I had never been to, I saw the World Champion Astros play the year they won the World Series, and the best part of all? It was my 6 month old son Kyler's first MLB game. So seeing that this card has a picture and a write up from that amazing game, I want to try to collect as many of the card as I can, basically a few copies of the base version for mine (and hopefully Kyler's) collection, and all of the parallels/Chrome parallels of this card that I can afford. This is where I need you. For anyone who has this card from unwanted packs of 2017 Update, I would love to have it, and maybe we can work out a trade. If you want to check out my want list and add more cards, that's cool too, but the '17 Topps Update  #US194 Derek Fisher Rookie Debut card is probably the #1 card on my wantlist now. I appreciate anyone willing to trade with me. Feel free to email me at karens jer at gmail dot com and I'll try to give you a suitable return.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. I got one blister pack from Target, and it had 3 different Cody Bellinger rookies in it. Didn't get the Fisher though.

    ReplyDelete